Pulling Data over from a LEAD when CONVERTING to an OPPERTUNITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling Data over from a LEAD when CONVERTING to an OPPERTUNITY

Is it possible to pull the first and last name over from the saved LEAD when your CONVERT the LEAD to an OPPERTUNITY? Wondering why it doesn't just pull it over automatically.

Why did you decide that this does NOT happen automatically when you convert? Just the opposite:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	112
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	95700

Name:	2.png
Views:	96
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	95701

Name:	3.png
Views:	87
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	95702
    Please explain in more detail what you are trying to do so the community can help you.

Comment

• seandakid
      seandakid commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the responses. It was my understanding that the process is: 1. Create the LEAD. 2. Convert to OPPERTUNITY. 3. Manage the OPPERTUNITY through the sales process.

If that is correct, I would expect that once a LEAD is created and I want to convert it to an actual OPPERTUNITY, then when I click the CONVERT option and select OPPERTUNITY, it would at least auto-fill the first and last name for me so that the reps would not have to remember the name.

Even when converting from LEAD to CONTACT, the first and last name does not autofill.

You need to convert it to a contact to automatically obtain the name, and then you can add their opportunity. However, when converting a lead into an opportunity, the name is not automatically linked, and that's normal

Comment

Working...
    X