Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mentions in activities

Hello,

I would like members of other teams to be able to mention me in the activities. But so far it hasn't worked because I'm on a different team.

I am the "management" team
    Then there is the "Employees" team.

Employees should also be able to mention management in the activities and I want to see that you have done that.

On the other hand, of course I don't want my team to see all my entries in activities in Espo.

I've now tried a variety of settings in the roles, but it doesn't work. If I'm not on the team, no one can @ me.

What am I doing wrong?​

Any Regular User can tag you with @username in the Stream of the record that the Regular User has access to.
    That is, only the User himself will be in the selection menu, but he can contact anyone, the main thing is to write @username correctly.​
    - For this Role, we give him the rights Assignment Permission -> All (screenshot 1).
    - To be able to see someone from his team - select team (screenshot 2).

As a result, Regular User can contact anyone, but view only himself (or also members of his team.)​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by victor; 07-20-2023, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I've tried everything but it doesn't work.

Settings:
      User: Regular
      Assignment Permission: All
      Users: Read Team, Edit own

Entity activities is set to All in the User Team role

I am in the "Admin" team
      The user in the "Employee" team

If the user tries to @ mention me in the activities of the entity, my name does not appear. Only the team names appears after @

What am I doing wrong?​
      Last edited by animax; 07-19-2023, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by animax View Post
        If the user tries to @ mention me in the activities of the entity, my name does not appear. Only the team names appears after @

What am I doing wrong?​

the main thing is to write @username correctly.​
        Your User with limited rights needs to know the list of usernames of all the recipients he needs:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	78
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	95556

That is, you did everything correctly, but in order for User A to be able to write to anyone (and not only to members of his team), he needs to know his username. And before sending your message, be sure to specify this username in the @username format.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	64
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	95557

Comment

... but in order for User A to be able to write to anyone (and not only to members of his team), he needs to know his username. ...
          This was the solution! Thank you. Although I would prefer if the username after the @ appeared the same as all other users.

Comment

• victor
            victor commented
            Editing a comment
            Role permissions for the "User" entity are responsible for this. To see everyone and be able to see the list of all users in the drop-down list using @username, you need to select the "all" option here: https://forum.espocrm.com/filedata/fetch?id=95551. However, you have made it clear that you do not want your profile to be seen by other users. Therefore, the way out for you is only this for now.
        Working...
        X