Quick user change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick user change

I have different terminals. Each user can work on each terminal. These are usually only small changes such as status, comments or adding a new entry. Of course, it is absolutely unrealistic if every user has to log in and log out every time. Does anyone have an idea how to change users quickly without having to use X different browsers?

HI,

I think you could edit the login as user feature to switch users without having to enter again the password.

The ability to log in as another (regular) user for admin. Can be disabled in the config: 'authAnotherUserDisabled' => true. Limitations: WebSocked is disabled when logged in as another user. Requi...

Or maybe you could develop a custom modal where you select the user from an enum field and have other fields that you can change to update the record. I did something similar but without the user selection option, but It's definitely possible.
    Last edited by Kharg; 07-17-2023, 08:41 PM.

Comment

You can make a small modification and use barcode scanning for login, just like in restaurant terminals, and implement an auto-close feature with a short timeout.

Comment

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, would be interesting to know, how to approach such solution.

Originally posted by dimyy View Post
      You can make a small modification and use barcode scanning for login, just like in restaurant terminals, and implement an auto-close feature with a short timeout.
      For example, create a new authentication method, encode all necessary data and a custom token into a QR code. And in the absence of activity, there should be a job that cleans up the tokens. The integration and automatic scanning of QR codes is a matter specific to the equipment being used.

Comment

Working...
      X