No announcement yet.

Can we create a poll for users to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we create a poll for users to vote?

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to to create a poll and share it with the CRM's users so they could vote for something. Is this doable?

Thank you in advance.

Great question. I'd love to see this too.

Comment

Originally posted by JosNas View Post
      Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to to create a poll and share it with the CRM's users so they could vote for something. Is this doable?

Thank you in advance.
      Vote for what as example?

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Chocolate or Strawberry cake for example. I guess it just a voting/polling feature.

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        lol definitely strawberry

This might not be exactly what you're asking about, but I would like to create a way for users to rank records.

-For example, a company record would have a field called "Openness to new business score."

-User could rate a company as follows:

1. Company is easy to work with, timely in communicating, open to new business partnerships.

2. Company is average to work with.

3. Company is difficult to work with, not responsive, very set in their ways and not open to new business partnerships.

Each time a user ranks the records, their score is added to table. The average score of all user ratings is displayed in the field I mentioned earlier, called "Openness to new business score."

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post

Vote for what as example?
        Basically let's say my CRM is for an organization. A user let's say creates a poll to pitch a new idea. Below are 2 examples:
        1) Who agrees to hold a dinner for the organization: Yes / No -> 30 users let's say vote 'Yes' and 20 users vote 'No'
        2) Voting inside the organization for a new President: Person 1, Person 2, Person 3 -> 10 users vote for Person 1, 15 users vote for Person 2, 25 users vote for Person 3.
        3) etc...

Comment

Here's an example plugin from SuiteCRM that allows a user to rate (1-5 stars) a specific record. Scoring and Rating field widget | SuiteCRM Module​

Has anyone created a plugin or extension like this for EspoCRM? Would be happy to purchase it.

Comment

There is already an extension that is almost what you want, developed by @eymen-elkum

Star rate field for EspoCRM,This extension extends the espocrm fields with a new type named "Rate".Support single or multiple cretiria and calculate the average of the rows rates.You also can check the video on our Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by abidoss View Post
              There is already an extension that is almost what you want, developed by @eymen-elkum

https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/espocrm-...crm-rate-field
              You're exactly right. I just found it after posting my question. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

A simple Poll module (not for rating) would with the following features would be great:

- adding a question
                - possible answers should be yes, no, abstention
                - adding contacts to the poll
                - send email notifications to the contacts
                - link the poll to accounts
                - overview about the answers per contact (like in the meeting module)
                (- available for portal users)

The thing would be similar to the meeting module, where you can send invitation mails to the contacts with the possibility to answer. Simple and powerfull

I am up to pay for something like this.

Comment

To beginn with, i think it would be enough to copy the meeting module with all its relations, rename it to "polls" and make it possible to install / run it as own module. Essential would be the possibility to send invitation email and to alter the email template (just like the meeting module). For further developement I would test it in a live environment.

While I am just a stupid user, with even more stupid ideas, I want to ask if this is even possible and how hard it would be to realize it.

Comment

Working...
                  X