Working Time Calendar with range for a single user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Time Calendar with range for a single user

I'm trying to get the working time calendar to work, but either there's a bug or it's working differently than I thought.

I created a working time calendar via "Administration -> Working Time Calendars".
    Workday schedule is from 9-17 from mon-fri.

I set this calendar as default calendar via "Administration -> Settings".
    If I don't do this, the calendar doesn't show the non-working days in a different color when I click on the calendar.

If I now set a range to this calendar. E.g. a non-working day for tomorrow, the next day will be shown as a non-working day for all users. even if I assign this range to a specific user.

I basically can add only a bank holdiay for this calendar. Is this correct or am I missing something?

I was also looking if there is some kind of absence overview for different users. E.g. each user can indicate when he has vacation or a day off and the team can see that. But I don't think there is such a function?

Espocrm v7.5.5

> If I now set a range to this calendar.

Here's the problem. You create a range related to calendar and to user. You should create a range separate from the calendar. From the main list view.

Comment

Thanks, that was the missing information. Maybe the documentation could be improved.

Other users cann see the ranges, so this could work as poor mans absence overview...

Comment

I don't know. It's quite explicit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	104
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	95304

Comment

Maybe it's a language issue. My thought was: This range for this specific user applies to this calendar..

Comment

The concept is that there's a Calendar that defines a working schedule. The calendar is applied for all users assigned to that calendar. But we can create ranges (working days or non-working days) for specific users. These ranges overrides the applied working calendar.

A range can be applied to a user, to a working calendar or to both.
            • Applied to a calendar: Defines exclusive days for the whole calendar.
            • Applied to a user(s): Defines exclusive days only for a user.
            • Applied to both: Defines exclusive days for the calendar and for a user(s). Use case: holidays for Support Team + for CEO. CEO is not related to a working calendar of Support Team.
            Last edited by yuri; 07-12-2023, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X