Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Email vs. User Email with no personal account setup

Dear all.
    I am struggling for days with a problem. There are any posts on this, but all with no solution.

The following setup:
    - users with a private Email (e.g. hans@gmail.com)
    - a group mail account (e.g. group@company.de) with all users in the same team and the group email is assigned to the team
    - no personal email accounts are configured

So the users can login, get notifications etc. to their private Email. This is as I want it.

If a user replies to an group email, in FROM: always the private email of the user is preselected. On every mail this had to be changed to the group email.

Is there any way to make the FROM: with the group email as default?

I already gave the user the group@company.de Email as 2nd user-Email and marked it as primary.
    So the group@company.de was the FROM: Email
    But the others problems came up, e.g. wrong infos which user sends the mail...

Any help would be appreciated!
    Cheers, Sven

Hey

It is by design built that way. replies to emails received on a group email address will always preselect the user's personal email. To change that it will be difficult as you would need to rewrite the whole logic which might lead to breaking the instance.

Comment

Originally posted by sschneider View Post
      Dear all.
      I am struggling for days with a problem. There are any posts on this, but all with no solution.

The following setup:
      - users with a private Email (e.g. hans@gmail.com)
      - a group mail account (e.g. group@company.de) with all users in the same team and the group email is assigned to the team
      - no personal email accounts are configured

So the users can login, get notifications etc. to their private Email. This is as I want it.

If a user replies to an group email, in FROM: always the private email of the user is preselected. On every mail this had to be changed to the group email.

Is there any way to make the FROM: with the group email as default?

I already gave the user the group@company.de Email as 2nd user-Email and marked it as primary.
      So the group@company.de was the FROM: Email
      But the others problems came up, e.g. wrong infos which user sends the mail...

Any help would be appreciated!
      Cheers, Sven
      same issue,
      Hi! When on a case, I would like to reply always from the info mailbox but when replying from a lead to use my personal, can this be achieved? Thanks

couldn't find the answer yet

Comment

Working...
      X