Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• API Test

Hello,
    I would like to test in a simple way if the API works.
    I have created an API user. The system has generated the API key.
    When I

in the browser and the ESPO works without errors.
    What do I see then? All contacts?
    Is anything displayed at all?
    I am very grateful for any help
    ​peter

I wrote my journey getting API to work in the learning thread, but can't find it at the moment. Will try again.

Basically, just use a API testing software, I use Insomnia, popular alternative is Postman.

Unfortunately it can only do test, be good if I can use it as a GUI as well.

Comment

Thank you very much.
      But I am looking for an answer to my question regarding the input in the browser​.

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        There is online website that you can use to do API testing... if you just want to open link and expect stuff it won't work. There need to be code to "Ask" for data, and "Send secret code (API)" to be allow to get access to data

If you want to check response of browser, you can simply log in on your account and check proper api endpoint.
      Here you have example of response: demo.eu.espocrm.com/api/v1/Settings

If you'll log in to demo.eu.espocrm.com, you'll be able to see more.
      For example this link will show you a list of all accounts: demo.eu.espocrm.com/api/v1/Account?select=name%2Cwebsite%2Cindustry%2Ctype%2C billingAddressCountry&maxSize=20&offset=0&orderBy= createdAt&order=desc
      This link will show you only details of one account: demo.eu.espocrm.com/api/v1/Account/6441062c7ca34c246

The response depends on your request

Comment

Thanks a lot
        then your answers mean
        https://address_of_your_crm/api/v1/C...43ca033f7ab4c5
        in the browser does not return an answer.
        (I thought by the attached APIKey one is logged in).​

Comment

Have you checked my links? They're working for you?
          You should see this: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2675
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	94982
          If it's not working on your instance then something is wrong. You can send me an email or private message on forum and i'll try to help you.
          Have you tried to connect through insomnia application?

Comment

Many, many thanks

We have had an interface programmed between our ERP software and ESPOCRM in the spring of 2022. It uses the API of ESPO and worked well in a test environment.
            Now we wanted to use it with our live system and it does not work. When you search for a few days and don't find the solution, you start to doubt everything.
            The programmer wanted to work with the
            https://address_of_your_crm/api/v1/C...43ca033f7ab4c5 to test if the live ESPO server reacts with API at all.
            We wrote small API scripts and they work.
            With the interface we have to search further.​

Comment

Whole Espo is working based on API, so if you can use your Espo, then api have to work. Your programmer missing something.
              Please let me know if i can help you in any way.

Comment

Working...
              X