Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merge Entity (and related Entity) field values to an existing Word/Docx file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merge Entity (and related Entity) field values to an existing Word/Docx file.

Hey Everyone,

I've written some code to merge an entity record with an existing Word Document template, outputting a new Word doc. It can reference related entity data, too, such as listing each related contact data in table rows etc.

Might people be interested in that?

I use this tool internally, it makes it easy for non-IT people to create templates in Word, rather than HTML.

I could tidy it up for others to use if there's interest.

I've done something similar for PDF too.

Cheers.

For sure! Every few month I would try to see (searching online for information) if I can do something like this and always end up using "Ctrl+F" and "Ctrl+H" to do replacement and copy-paste instead.

The formatting of Words is great, it also help with editing too! Whereas PDF it is quite static if you want to modified a few wording and numbers here and there.

Looking toward to good news from you!

Comment

Hi, of course this could be interesting, especially that the PDF generation still does not permit anything to be printed out (e.g. QR-Code), but Word would perhaps do.

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        Nah that is changed the team has added ability to print it i guess it should work same as barcode https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...#barcode-field

Update just checked and definitely they support printing QR-Code now - give it a try

• shalmaxb
        shalmaxb commented
        Editing a comment
        Sure of course that works in PDF, I messed it up with the export, because the QR-Code is not exported into Excel, only the link

Sorry, I've been held up by the PHP library I adopted for modifying the docx files. The library is a bit unusual, but I'll put something out soon(tm).

It's definitely working well in-house.

Comment

Working...
      X