Considering EspoCRM Opensource

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considering EspoCRM Opensource

Hello - I have been considering switching over to EspoCRM Open Source (we are on SuiteCRM currently). I installed it and loved the responsiveness, etc. But, what concerned me was the feature parity compared to other CRM's (more robust Reporting comes to mind). I was just wondering how everyone feels about the current state of EspoCRM open source? I am weighing my options between EspoCRM, VTiger and staying with SuiteCRM (but just upgrading to v8). All thoughts are welcomed.

(also, have yet to be able to figure out how to even get this installed on My mac using Mamp. While the other two above I was able to install easily with a few clicks. Perhaps that is not something they have updated in a while?) Thanks!

Hi,

Not an answer for your question. Just to clarify, EspoCRM has the reporting tool in a paid extension. Please let us know if you find that some important ability is lacking in the EspoCRM reports tool.

Comment

> have yet to be able to figure out how to even get this installed on My mac using Mamp

If mod_rewrite and .htaccess are enabled in your apache (most likely they are in Mamp), installation has to be completed in a few clicks as well.

Comment

Originally posted by macphreak View Post
        Hello - I have been considering switching over to EspoCRM Open Source (we are on SuiteCRM currently). I installed it and loved the responsiveness, etc. But, what concerned me was the feature parity compared to other CRM's (more robust Reporting comes to mind). I was just wondering how everyone feels about the current state of EspoCRM open source? I am weighing my options between EspoCRM, VTiger and staying with SuiteCRM (but just upgrading to v8). All thoughts are welcomed.

(also, have yet to be able to figure out how to even get this installed on My mac using Mamp. While the other two above I was able to install easily with a few clicks. Perhaps that is not something they have updated in a while?) Thanks!
        Loving it, i have used suitCRM in past (didn't like it the user experience is really bad - very poor UI) - vtiger is similar maybe has some more features then suitCRM. what i loved about EspoCRM is that it is open source in the real since, the open source version is same as the cloud version which is a big point - also there are some really cool packages developed by the developers team including Report - Workflow and BPMN which really allow you to do whatever you want. i have not seen any other open source crm with such powerful automation tools (BPMN is really a piece of art). i would highly recommend using it, you will definitely love it.

Also beautiful community here - a lot of developers would help with anything you want.

Comment

Hi,
          I can just say, i have too migrate from sugarcrm, then try for a little project suitecrm for not long time, and switch to espoCRM .. and i am very happy.
          It's a pure enjoy to read code/documentation.
          I can't not compare to other crm because i don't use it since easy 7 years. (i begin espocrm in v5.6 if not forget)

With the must have Advanced Pack extension, you don't need developer, this extension is a "developer killer"

Comment

SuiteCRM is pretty good. If you satisfy what they offer don't bother moving.

I wouldn't choose vTiger but it was my 2nd system I went to, vTiger is too commercial in term of extension for me but during my time the forum community was quite fragmented. It might be different now I don't know. But most feature rich I would say vTiger.

SuiteCRM got the SugarCRM split issue if I remember correctly. I test SuiteCRM demo as I write this and it look quite good.

But base on the demo there was one system that I see only EspoCRM can do! Multi-phone and multi-email. I hated having to create Email1, Email2, Email3, Phone1, Phone2, Phone3 field.

With EspoCRM I can just click + for email, and + for phone and add new one.

EspoCRM free feature lack what SuiteCRM can offer though, for example Invoice/Quote is a Paid official extension for EspoCRM.

One feature I don't look into too much and really loving EspoCRM is the "formula" feature, which allow you to automate many thing and do calculation and merge/mixing of data for you.

Checking of the PDF Template, I think SuiteCRM is better. Whether it render the PDF better or worse, I can't comments. Anyway, it is a big move. Personally I recommend if you do move. Move to EspoCRM! Why?! Because we are here.

I might disappear in a few years (hopefully not), but it always good to recruit to user, that way EspoCRM grow and I can take advantage of the community and feature surrounding it

Comment

• yuri
              yuri commented
              Editing a comment
              > Checking of the PDF Template, I think SuiteCRM is better.

I don't think they do have the ability to define logic in PDF templates that we have. The rendering must be the same when Tcpdf is used. But we support Dompdf since that is much better with rendering. They do have another Wysiwyg editor which one may see as better, but under the hood it's the same contenteditable functionality of the browser.

Also, I'm not sure they have the ability to print any entity type (module) like Espo can.
              Last edited by yuri; 05-12-2023, 07:22 AM.

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              My apology Boss yuri! I should make a disclaimer, the Editor look better but I haven't test the printing at all. To keep story short, choose EspoCRM!

I started to look into espoCRM a few years ago, because of not having been experienced at that time at all, I discarted it for a short time. After coming back (must have been somewhere around verson 5.x) I began to understand more and more. I did use it not as CRM so far, but I already developed a few apps for me. That is certainly one of the strenghts of espoCRM: It is so extremly adaptable to anything in terms of database you want to realize as no other app is capable of. I have one app made with espoCRM to administrate all my clients (I work as a freelance webdesigner, IT consultant, graphic-designer, photographer and primary as consultant for artists (painting etc.).
            Another app, I use to administrate a Jazz Workshop (participants, teachers, venues, bookkeeping). I can do everything with espoCRM.
            My main application is a modular catalogue software for artists, which took me all in all three years to develop to a mature and complete solution. Using a few extensions, the most part had been realized by espoCRM. And this forum.
            I have been using many forums all through my professional life and never I have been member of a community like this one. Really nice people, not at all arrogant, even when the question I may have as a non developer would be answered by one of the skilled people here. Always willing to help. You only have to perceive, that the main developer yuri is always here to see, where he can help. In which forum you are able to talk to the developer? His attitude sometimes maybe a bit scaring, but believe me, he will never deliver blabla, he gets to the point and this includes sometimes to show you the limits of yourself. I prefer that way against someone who would not point the thing out, only because he thinks, this way he will be liked more. This is called sincerity.
            And what is the best: It is fun to work with espoCRM, you will have a lot of reasons to smile during developing, because any idea in the end has a working solution in this app.

I worked with Dollibarr, vTiger, SugarCRM before, everything rapidly limited, if you are not willing to spend a lot of money. Sure it depends of what you wnat to achieve, but the app itself will work for what you are searching.
            Last edited by shalmaxb; 05-12-2023, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
              espcrm commented
              Editing a comment
              > Jazz Workshop (participants, teachers, venues, bookkeeping)
              What this? I hear bookkeeping and it might be relevant for me.

All I could found was actual Jazz (music) stuff.

Thank you all for the feedback! This does really help! I will try the install again on my local machine. Although I am pretty sure I had those two options enabled for Mamp. But, I will double check. Anyone here have any feedback concerning really large datasets and EspoCRM? We have a very large MySQL DB and I would want to make sure it would be able to keep up (as long as we have a good server, etc of course). Thanks!

Comment

That app is not public, I use it locally. Bookkeeping in terms of administrate the participants fees, payments, calculating installments and discounts depending on pre-requisites, Available seats against enrollments, reports on income per instrumental workshop and total, communication to teachers and participants, printing lists, contracts, sending emails (templated) and so on. My aim was to automate as much as possible.

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                That unfortunately, I'm still trying to find my "accounting app", I create a poorly code one in EspoCRM and been using it for about 1 month now. It getting better but it does lack capability.

• rabii
                rabii commented
                Editing a comment
                i am planning on creating a full accounting extension for espocrm.
            Working...
            X