X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion about futur release of espoCRM 7.4

Hello all,
    this is a basic discussion of future of espoCrm.. nothing else

what would you like as new ehancement/new extension ?

in my case, we have touch the perfect state

2FA
    Sms (of course, it's in VoIP extension) .. but maybe out-of-box ?
    Outlook or Gmail Extension
    VoIP Extension
    Advanced Pack Extension
    OpenId. (still not try in my case)
    Documentation is very helpfull and complete
    SalesPack

In my case, if Yuri can make something:
    - customize "middleTable" (many2many).
    - phpWord template compatible with out-of-box templating. I use phpWord, but with my own service/coding, the goal is like pdf template.
    - account, contact, lead are hard coded (Acl), maybe we need choose in setting witch entity is "Account".. but this change many code.. very hard i think

Voila,
    What's is your idea ?

EDIT : i think the next level is : espoERP

- a web site commerce integrate with espoCRM as extension
    - warehouse with SalesPack
    - some gateway payment
    Last edited by item; 04-17-2023, 06:10 PM.

I post my Wishlist in the unofficial 'wiki' list: https://github.com/o-data/EspoCRM-Le...nd-Design/wiki

I think the majority of them already fulfilled. The next await feature is DAV(CardDAV/CalDav) but it look like it will be coming from a 3rd party developer so just have to be patient for it.

And two feature I doubt I will ever see part of the system and can only be done with 3rd party. Yuri first feature in 7.5 look good, share enum from other field/entity. Feature I'm really hopefully coming soon, especially Re-accuring:

1) Template Creation. Current method recommend is "Create a template and just Duplicate from that"
    2) Re-curing - We have some daily/weekly/monthly task and weekly meeting. Be good if I can just set it re-curring. Current method recommend is: use Workflow which I don't have.

I think I forgot other.... I just keep eye on Github and see "Closed" issue and be eager for that.
    Last edited by espcrm; 04-18-2023, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      PS. You mean 7.5 right?

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Semi looking forward to this: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/i...ent-1512861115

Currently I having phone and email copy issue. Copying email I can't triple/double click. With phone it copy a space at the end of the number, so I have go into Edit mode and copy from there. Hopefully this solve this.
      Last edited by espcrm; 05-24-2023, 01:57 PM.

Hi espcrm,

DAV(CardDAV/CalDav) : i know, Apple server have this in the past, and in macOs Server 10.11(if not forget) have abandonned.
    my opinion, is let the best do this, .. i say google or microsoft.. you will pay $ but no issue. espoCRM have extension for this
    Email, i will not email in espocrm.. we have outlook extension, i let user to only one way synchronisation in one folder : office->espoCRM (not inbox) and of course calendar is to synchronised.

your other waiting is not difficult, it's ehancement for me and some library issue (pdf/wysiwig/ and so). This kind of issue, we have at Microsoft too.

As you can maybe understand, my discussion is more : What Yuri will still implement/add news features ?
    It's why i say : next level : website builder in espocrm ? espoERP ?

i don't know how will be espoCRM v8 .. i waiting the surprize

Best Regards
    Last edited by item; 04-18-2023, 07:40 PM.

Comment

For us the thing we would be happy to see is some outgoing data automation, at the moment we have webhooks setup and a server that accepts and routes those outgoing webhooks from Espo.
      But for example if Espo had JSON, curl or even just a POST request instead of a webhook containing similar information, that would allow us to decommission that server which only purpose is to route EspoCRM notifications to other apps.
      Same thing applies to Notifications in general, if there was another way besides Email to share Notifications that would be great, at the moment we have specific Emails setup that route emails to that same server, which then converts it to JSON and send it to telegram.

Or I guess if to simplify the whole thing, Telegram integration is what we are looking for
      Last edited by DashingUno; 04-19-2023, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Hard to see what is planned for v8 and that is probably late 2024 maybe.

I don't like Extension because it is locked within EspoCRM only. With DAV it is more standard and it is supported in many App and Software. It also open standard as well.

I don't want to get locked in Google and Microsoft system unless there is no other choice. Outlook software is pretty good but what is the purpose of using EspoCRM if you don't link relationship? Which Outlook cannot do with an add-in. Other software I see people integrate Outlook with their "CRM" but it all hidden away so I don't know how it can be done for EspoCRM.

Although it may not be difficult but as Yuri say, once it get add it must get supported, so he usually is reluctant because of that. So it can only be done by doing it yourself or getting someone to do it for you (Extension). Which is just a long waiting game. The domPDF update seem like it is a good direction, I still haven't try domPDF yet so don't have any compliment or feedback yet.

Anyway the two issue for 7.5 look pretty good. I wonder if Yuri will add more feature in 7.5 or it will be other fix instead.

Comment

• item
          item commented
          Editing a comment
          good question : what is the purpose of using EspoCRM if you don't link relationship?

We work with Patient (mental healthcare), Contact (professional of mental), Lead. We never (90%) communicate with mail, always Call, Meeting.
          we send mail only for meeting for find a booking date with participant. So not important.
          when we receive some document from a Contact/Lead/Patient, we just move this mail to the synchronised folder with espoCRM, then this is linked with contact, but we need relate to Patient.
          Calendar is very important for us, so outlook extension is perferct

here sms is very helpfull for us, this i have create with a old Huwaei Router as SMS Gateway.. still finalyse the implementation. Just need who i will list received message.. (maybe sms2mail or .. ? ) .. for sending, i use stream bottom of Contact, Lead, Patient, and i will add to meeting->reminders->type sms

We use voip extension.. so we have all call log. Advanced Pack for reporting/filter.. BPM still beginning.
          And the big challenge, ours users are very hard with new technology, i have say for joke : i will implement OpenAI ..that was like a nuclear bomb... i have imitate forest gump ..maybe i have do 100meter in 9secondes

I just remember a feature in 7.4 that people may missed!

The infield calculation ability!

=2+3+1

And it will save record as 6. This save you the trouble of having to run to a calculator.
        Last edited by espcrm; 04-20-2023, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• DashingUno
          DashingUno commented
          Editing a comment
          That was a feature we requested, and it's the reason why we skipped 7.3 and are going straight to 7.4
          Thank you Yuri again for implementing it

Do you guy follow the Git change logs/closure of issue?

v7.5 look great at the moment. I can see 2 new feature that I will probably do a manual patch for.

Comment

I tried a manual update but stuck on this file here... not sure how to fix it.

Where do I put this file? It seem to be a CSS code, so I think it must be theme related?

frontend/less/espo/custom.less

Comment

For me i think it would be great if new features like multiple kanban boards are added - also will be powerfull if a new mode is added (Grid) image based gallery listing this will make the view powerfull. i have also have seen an experience on another well known erp where you can choose listing view of Dashboard type. imagine this when you visit accounts / you can choose how to view the list of accounts as below:
            - List View : already exists
            - Kanban View : Exists and would be great if it could allow multiple kanban view - create and save multiple kanban view.
            - Grid view: Image / Photo based view
            - Dashboard view : this view allow you to add a dashlet to a dashboard that show e.g how many accounts in total - inactive accounts etc...

I started tinkering and wanted to see if i could achieve some of these options and extra it as an extension.

Cheers

Comment

I agree with rabii and would extend this list by list views to be able to save, so we could have various list views with different columns.

Comment

I smyle,
                your request is for me "minor ehancemend".. of course, it's wonderfull to have in espoCRM what you ask.
                if you see what Yuri do actually in github.. for me is like "occupy time" (ehancement is crazy)

I really wait what will be v8 espoCRM... for me, we are at end of a CRM

Comment

Working...
                X