IMAP Config not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMAP Config not working

I've just set up ESPO CRM, version 7.3.4. I'm trying to configure IMAP but I can't get it to work. I'm trying to connect with the Dovecot IMAP server. I'm using SSL and port 993. When I test the connection I get this error: Error 500: cannot connect to host; error = stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to ssl://mail.edm-inc.com:993 (Unknown error) (errno = 0 )

When I look in the error log in data/log I see this: [2023-03-17 19:26:32] DEBUG: API (0) cannot connect to host; error = stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to ssl:/
    /mail.edm-inc.com:993 (Unknown error) (errno = 0 ); POST /EmailAccount/action/testConnection; Input data: {"host":"mail
    .edm-inc.com","port":993,"security":"SSL","username":"b ob.wooldridge@edm-inc.com","password":null,"id":"641496d1596a15f
    85","emailAddress":"bob.wooldridge@edm-inc.com","userId":"*****"}; Route pattern: /{controller}/action/{action}; Route
    params: Array ( [controller] => EmailAccount [action] => testConnection ) [] []
    [2023-03-17 19:26:32] ERROR: (0) cannot connect to host; error = stream_socket_client(): Unable to connect to ssl://mai
    l.edm-inc.com:993 (Unknown error) (errno = 0 ); POST /EmailAccount/action/testConnection; line: 110, file: /var/www/Esp
    oCRM-7.3.4/vendor/laminas/laminas-mail/src/Protocol/ProtocolTrait.php [] []

On the mail server Dovecot log I see this: Mar 17 14:29:53 mail dovecot[1581]: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ss
    l3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48 (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=10.10.1.
    105, lip=10.10.1.4, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL al
    ert number 48, session=<Rzb7mR33XpUKCgFp>

The Dovecot log seems to indicate ESPO is using TLS version 1? Is that possible? Any other ideas?

Maybe wrong port? 993 SMTP normally is for POP3, try 465 or 587.

Comment

• Bobber
      Bobber commented
      Editing a comment
      This is not SMTP, it's IMAP. POP3 is 995, IMAP SSL is 993 and is a preset in the ESPO CRM settings.

Can anyone suggest a person I could contact about this problem?

Comment

I'm guessing you've tried switching from TLS, SSL and None which means that's not the issue
    Does your main service have a web interface?
    What you also might try is telnet in to your mail server via the secure and unsecured ports
    I just tested ssh and telnet and the connection request timed out, not surprising although
    the IP Lookup returned results which looks like you have a static IP in the office
    can you connect to the mail server with your mail client(Thunderbird, OutLook or ---)? if yes check the account settings
    is your firewall blocking the connection?
    is the mail server on the same server as EspoCRM?
    confirm user name is correct, my mail server requires email address as user name but login is just the name without the URL

I can't think of anything else at present

Comment

Working...
    X