Error when mass deleting email records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when mass deleting email records

Helo guys, I need to delete a lot of emails (80 000).

I am trying to use "select all results" checkbox and then mass action Remove. When I try to do it, i got modal window saying that it is being processed. I tried to wait for like 15 minutes and nothing happened and nothing have been removed.

When I try to select first 200 records, then click show more select another 200 and then try to use mass action Remove I am getting error 500.

Could you help me how to delete all the emails stored in the system, please?

Code:
    [2023-03-14 08:37:14] ERROR: Uncaught Exception Spatie\Async\Output\ParallelError: "PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6918736 bytes) in /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php on line 70 " at /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/vendor/spatie/async/src/Output/ParallelError.php line 11 {"exception":"[object] (Spatie\\Async\\Output\\ParallelError(code: 0): PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6918736 bytes) in /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php on line 70\n at /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/vendor/spatie/async/src/Output/ParallelError.php:11)"} []
    [2023-03-14 08:37:55] ERROR: (HY000) SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xAE Core...' for column 'body_plain' at row 1; POST /MassAction; line: 70, file: /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php [] []
    ​
    Thanks a lot!

I tried to use workaround by putting line ini_set(“memory_limit”,”16M“);​ to /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php but it did not help

Comment

There are two problems.

One or multiple emails causing the 2nd error. It's something related to encoding. You can remove these emails manually from DB. I think it's related to https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...f-8-characters

Another is the memory limit exhausted. As it's processed in CLI, you need to tweak the parameter for PHP CLI (it must be a separate config file). It's set to around 512M. It's weird that it was not enough. Try to increase to 1024M.

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        You can monitor the job execution at Administration > Jobs. If the job is Running for quite long, it's likely memory limit issue happened. If it's Failed soon, it's the encoding issue.

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        You can find bad emails (with SQL or tools like phpmyadmin), by searching for "\xAE Core" in body_plain column. Then remove it manually.

hello yuri thanks a lot for the suggestions

I tried to filter out all the emails containing 'xAE Core' in body_plain in phpmyadmin, but I got 0 results (screen1)

Code:
      SELECT * FROM `email`
      WHERE body_plain LIKE '%xAE Core%';​
      Also could you please elaborate a bit on creating a separate config file to increase the memory limit to 1024? Where to put the script and how it should look like? I have never faced this issue so I am not sure how to proceed with the needed steps.

Thank you very much
      Attached Files

Comment

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        Alright, I used query
        SELECT * FROM `email`
        WHERE body_plain LIKE '%xAE%';​ and got 106 results that I have deleted manually, now I would love to increase the memory limit to try it out.

I am going to try it now without increasing the memory limit and will see what happens

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        Still getting error Now mass remove is not working even for the first 200 records. Will try to dig into database and table emails, but so fat I am not able to get those broken emails

[2023-03-14 11:20:08] ERROR: (HY000) SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xAE 7698...' for column 'body_plain' at row 1; POST /MassAction; line: 70, file: /data/3/3/338fc1b6-ecde-4497-89be-33f005571989/esmerofve.eu/web/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php [] []

yuri sir can I have a question please? What will happen if I delete all the records in the table 'email' manually from our database. Is it safe way how to delete all the emails from our system?

Comment

• yuri
        yuri commented
        Editing a comment
        The problem that email attachments won't be removed by the cleanup job.

You can set deleted = 1 with SQL, and wait until cleanup job processes. It's 3 months by default. https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...rams/#clean-up

Cleanup job should not fail on any encoding issue as it does not load record contents.

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you yuri, I am now trying to SET deleted = 1 for all the records in the table "email" but now I am getting error:
        #3 - Error writing file '/tmpfs/r4-my80-2/MLfd=3124' (OS errno 28 - No space left on device)

I am now in contact with our hosting provider if they can fix that

Hello guys, I would love to reopen this topic as our database and its table with emails is getting bigger and bigger.

Today I treid to delete approx 3000emails from the system by checking them via "Select all results" and then in actions->remove.

However, it failed again with same error as before:
      Code:
      [2023-07-26 06:35:12] ERROR: JobManager: Failed job running, job '64c0be8d5d8efd561'. Mass action job error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect string value: '\xAE Clas...' for column 'body_plain' at row 1; at /data/0/f/0f6e82d6-07b5-42f8-803a-fad2758ce077/esmerozz.eu/web/application/Espo/Core/MassAction/Jobs/Process.php:102. [] []
      I tried to check database for the email with body_plain containing "\xAE Clas" but there are none. So basically I am now not able to mass delete emails from the system. Is there any solution for this, please?!

Thanks a lot

Comment

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        hey man, I am filtering only emails created before 1.1.2022 and then trying to proceed with remove. Thats it.

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        it seems this is to do with encoding or collation issues, notice here (Incorrect string value: '\xAE Clas...' for column 'body_plain' at row 1) can you check that record and try to delete it then try again. also Check that Database character set and collation: Verify that the database table and the body_plain column have the correct character set and collation settings. Make sure they support the characters used in those emails.

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        will check, thanks a lot for the tip (I already tried to check for the "broken" records via query body_plain LIKE "%\xAE Clas%" and it found 100 records, I deleted them manualy from the database but still getting the error when trying to mass delete emails.

Is anyone willing to help, please?! I am clueless at the moment.

Comment

Working...
      X