Note entity type not available in Process Flowcharts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note entity type not available in Process Flowcharts

I've setup the following to notify users when theres a new note / post placed inside a Case:
    If you don't utilize portal users in your CRM, you might want your customers (contacts) be notified with an email when a new post is created in the stream of a case record. Create a Workflow rule for 'Note' target entity, with trigger type 'After record created'.

Everything working except getting which user posted the update. I only get the user "System". I think this is because i've set the "sent from" to System in the Workflow. Unfortunately it needs to be sent from System and I cannot use "Reply to". I might be missing which attribute to use.

So I hoped to be able to set this up in a Process Flowcharts instead, but the entity type "Note" is not available there. Is this missed or supposed to be missing?

Hi hrdy90,

Please tell me if I understand you correctly, in the email there is no information about who post the note? If so, then you just need to use {Note.createdByName} placeholder in the subject/body of the email template. If not, please specify your request a little more.

Comment

• hrdy90
      hrdy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      You understood me correct. I've been looking everywhere for that placeholder. I even looked for it directly in the code itself. Thank you!

May I ask, not considering the drop-down placeholder helper - how do i know which values exist inside the {Note} placeholder? In this case, the Note placeholder is not even an option in the dropdown and had a really hard time finding it.

hrdy90,

Here you can view all field attributes for the Note entity: Administration > Entity Manager > Note > Fields. They are used in placeholders.

Comment

• hrdy90
      hrdy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Aah. Never though about placeholders as entity fields. Perfect! This will save me so much time. Thank you!

• hrdy90
      hrdy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      lazovic Or actually - Placeholder "createdByName" does not exist there. Or is that just one of those that you'd expect kind of / being global?

hrdy90,

Please read more about attributes here: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...ing/#attribute.
    I can not explain it better than it is explained in the documentation.​

Comment

Working...
    X