Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value type of datetime\diff(), how to use it in string\replace(), convert to string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value type of datetime\diff(), how to use it in string\replace(), convert to string

Hello guys, I am currently facing an issue with the value type of datetime\diff().

I have this variable $pocetDnuKonecEtapy = datetime\diff(aktualEtapaKoniec, datetime\today(), 'days') which returns -1.

But when I want to use this in the string\replace() function it does not work.

Code:
    $upozorneni = string\replace('Do konce etapy: {dny}', '{dny}', $pocetDnuKonecEtapy);
    This is still returning 'Do konce etapy: {dny}' even if the variable returns -1.

The problem is that datetime\diff() is not a string, not even a number (I tried it in the Formula Sandbox see code below).

Code:
    $pocetDnuKonecEtapy = datetime\diff(aktualEtapaKoniec, datetime\today(), 'days') returns -1
    $pocetDnuKonecEtapy == -1 returns false
    $pocetDnuKonecEtapy == '-1' returns false
    So what type is it and how can I use it in the string\replace() please? Is there any way how to convert it to string, please?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Attached Files

I tried to make workaround by creating new field varchar (which should be string, right?) and then assigning the value from datetime\diff() into that varchar, which works.
    But when I want to use that varchar in string\replace() it is not working again. Am I overlooking something?
    Attached Files

Comment

The hint in formula sandbox is telling me that datetime\diff() is an integer so why it is returning false when I use:
      Code:
      datetime\diff(aktualEtapaKoniec, datetime\today(), 'days') == -1
      when I use >= -1 then it returns True which is mindblowing
      ??
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jakub Grufik; 01-19-2023, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        hey Jacob it is not a problem of the diff function but rather the string\replace function which accepts only string. only way to solve this is to add a custom function like (strval()) and then you can use i formula to change the output of the diff function into string to use in string\replace.

• Jakub Grufik
        Jakub Grufik commented
        Editing a comment
        hey rabii, yep that is what I thought would be necessary because I was not able to find a way to convert to string with already existing functions. Thanks a lot for the point.
        As far as I am not php dev it will take me a bit of time to create a such custom function. But I think when I take already existing functions as an example I will be able to do it.

This is how you can create a custom function that converts an int into string:

1 -Create a file custom/Espo/Custom/Core/Formula/Functions/StringGroup/StrvalType.php with the code:

Code:
      <?php

namespace Espo\Custom\Core\Formula\Functions\StringGroup;

use Espo\Core\Formula\Functions\BaseFunction;
      use Espo\Core\Formula\ArgumentList;

class StrvalType extends BaseFunction
      {
      public function process(ArgumentList $args)
      {
      $args = $this->evaluate($args);

if (count($args) < 1) {
      $this->throwTooFewArguments();
      };

$value = $args[0];

return strval($value);
      }
      }​
      2 - Create a file custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/app/formula.json and add the code:

Code:
      {
      "functionList": [
               "__APPEND__",
              {
                "name": "string\\strval",
                 "insertText": "string\\strval(VALUE)"
              }
      ],

"functionClassNameMap": {
             "string\\strval": "Espo\\Custom\\Core\\Formula\\Functions\\StringGroup\\StrvalType"
      }
      }​
      ​
      Et voila this is what you need two files and the rebuild your session and you should have the new function on the formula.

Good luck

Comment

oh my god man rabii , it actually works!!! thanks a loooooooot. I will use your custom function creation as an example for me to learn from! thank you man!

I have one question, please. If I will want to add another custom function, how should the formula.json syntax looks like? Is this correct approach how to extend that json, please?

Code:
        {
            "functionList": [
                    "__APPEND__",
                    {
                        "name": "string\\strval",
                        "insertText": "string\\strval(VALUE)"
                    },
                    {
                        "name": "string\\example",
                        "insertText": "string\\example(VALUE)"
                    }​
            ],
            "functionClassNameMap": {
                   "string\\strval": "Espo\\Custom\\Core\\Formula\\Functions\\StringGroup\\StrvalType",
                   "string\\example": "Espo\\Custom\\Core\\Formula\\Functions\\StringGroup\\ExampleType"
            }
        }
        ​
        Thanks thousand times for this help man! It means a lot for me and it moves me by a mile in espocrm skillz.
        Last edited by Jakub Grufik; 01-19-2023, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• rabii
          rabii commented
          Editing a comment
          yes this is the correct way to add more functions.

rabii working perfectly!!! thank you very much
        Attached Files

Comment

Those colored labels are the reason why I needed to resolve this )
          Attached Files

Comment

It's possible to use numberFormat to cast an integer to a string https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat.../#numberformat

Comment

• rabii
              rabii commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks for sharing this.
          Working...
          X