Outbound email not functional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outbound email not functional

Permit me to use an illustration to explain our current challenge.
    we installed EcpoCRM with admin email address "admin@crm.com". same email was configured for outbound email for "mass email" blast.
    As business grew, we subscribed to bulk email services to enable us send more emails. For this reason, we obtained a new email address "sales@sub.crm.com" for the purpose of "mass email" blast.
    After editing the outbound email address from, "admin@crm.com" to "sales@sub.crm.com", we observed that "mass emails" have stopped sending emails. We have investigated for days but no result. We further observed that when we returned the outbound email to the original email address "admin@crm.com", "mass emails" functions well.
    In view of this behavior, we are tempted to presume that there are other settings and configurations that we need to edit manually to make the new email function as required.
    Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Obi.

Hi o_oe,

If, with the same settings of Outbound Emails in EspoCRM, you successfully send mass email from one email address, but not from another, then the problem is not in EspoCRM, but in the second email address.

Could you show a screenshot of the settings for the sales@sub.crm.com email address?​

Comment

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please find screen shot

Comment

Originally posted by o_oe View Post
        Permit me to use an illustration to explain our current challenge.
        we installed EcpoCRM with admin email address "admin@crm.com". same email was configured for outbound email for "mass email" blast.
        As business grew, we subscribed to bulk email services to enable us send more emails. For this reason, we obtained a new email address "sales@sub.crm.com" for the purpose of "mass email" blast.
        After editing the outbound email address from, "admin@crm.com" to "sales@sub.crm.com", we observed that "mass emails" have stopped sending emails. We have investigated for days but no result. We further observed that when we returned the outbound email to the original email address "admin@crm.com", "mass emails" functions well.
        In view of this behavior, we are tempted to presume that there are other settings and configurations that we need to edit manually to make the new email function as required.
        Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Obi.
        if your previous mass email is set with previous email address it is normal that it will stop sending email is that email address is not configured in the system anymore. it is preferable to change the email address (outbound) once the mass emails are completed sending emails. then change the outbound email address and set up a new mass email with the new email and it should work.

Comment

Originally posted by rabii View Post

if your previous mass email is set with previous email address it is normal that it will stop sending email is that email address is not configured in the system anymore. it is preferable to change the email address (outbound) once the mass emails are completed sending emails. then change the outbound email address and set up a new mass email with the new email and it should work.
          rabii , Thank you for your reply. We have done this but no success. Also generated "new email templete", "new campaign" and "new mass email" but it didn't work.

Comment

• rabii
            rabii commented
            Editing a comment
            when you set up the new outbound email do you test sending email to see if it works ? can you share some screenshot of your set up so we could observe why it is not working.

Originally posted by o_oe View Post

rabii , Thank you for your reply. We have done this but no success. Also generated "new email template", "new campaign" and "new mass email" but it didn't work.
          Yes. The test worked and email received.
          However, when I generate a mass campaign and send test email, it show that email was sent successfully but I never received the email on the destination email address.
          As part of my troubleshooting process, I have set-up another Admin account using the "bulk email address" as "system" and "personal email" and the challenge persists.

Comment

• rabii
            rabii commented
            Editing a comment
            check spam/junk folder hence it said that the message is sent successfully.

• o_oe
            o_oe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your reply. I already did. Mails were not found in Spam/Junk folder.

rabii Thanks a lot for all your support.
          I made a fresh EspoCRM installation and used the Bulk email set-up and it worked perfectly.
          I am considering using this a s solution if it is possible to share the Lead, Contacts etc of the Old installation with the new installation. In other words, is it possible to share contacts database between two EspoCRM installations?
          Thank you in advance for your reply.

Comment

• rabii
            rabii commented
            Editing a comment
            Theoretically it is possible as long as both installations don't have any custom module installed.

• o_oe
            o_oe commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for your prompt reply.
            I have the "Real Estate" module installed on the Old one (A-Installation) that has the contact information. No custom module is installed on the new one (B-Installation) and I don't intend to install any module.
            My plan is to have all work done on A-Installation. Including updating with new contacts.
            B-Installation will be used for mass email blast only but will fetch contact list (including updates) from the A-Installation.
        Working...
        X