Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inbound and Outbound Emails

Hi guys,

I have a question, how can a system identify which email is inbound and which is outbound? From which Email parameter can you tell?

Thanks!

I think it is the email status [archive => inbound] [sent => outbound]

Comment

rabii at first, I thought so as well, but then I filtered my "Sent" emails and found a bunch of them with the status "Archived"... This means both inbound and outbound emails can have "Archived" status. I don't think I can trust on status in this case. Do you have any other ideas?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes i agree remember that you could manually create an archived email in the system. definitely the status is what define is an email is inbound or outbound check this part of the documentation https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...ng-with-emails

Comment

rabii I have this situation: my Personal Email Account is connected to Gmail.

Once I send an email from CRM - the email status is "Sent".

But if I send an email from Gmail - the CRM fetches that sent email and sets that email status to "Archived".

I don't see where I could configure it so that a fetched sent email would have the status "sent" (not "Archived").

I can do it with workflow and change the status to whatever I need, but this is already customization...

Comment

Not possible check this out i tried to get a feature request to apply this logic but it is closed as not planned. it require a big change hence it was designed that way
            Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe. Currently when crm fetch the email it sets the status as (archived) even though emails sent are set as archived. It would be nice if t...

Comment

rabii thanks a lot, seems like we will have to live with it or find our own custom ways to solve this issue.

Comment

• rabii
                rabii commented
                Editing a comment
                correct
                just keep using workflows to set correct email status for present time

I can do it with workflow and change the status to whatever I need, but this is already customization...​

Comment

Working...
              X