Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone smart enough to understand how Roles and Teams work with each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone smart enough to understand how Roles and Teams work with each other?

Can someone please explain how Roles work?

I am having a hard time understanding how Roles work with Espo. I have a Real Estate CRM and I basically want to create different Roles for : Real Estate Agents, Listing Manager, I, Marketing Team, Office Manager etc. My question is not how to Create the Roles because I already did That. But they don't seem to work. This Team Roles and User Roles confuses me, and I really need someone that can explain it to me like I am 5. I have read the documentation but it's still very confusing to me.​

Basically a user can have one Or many Roles and User could belong to one or many teams. teams could have roles but if permissions set on users roles are higher then they will override the team's permissions. read this https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...es-management/ and this https://www.espocrm.com/tips/security-roles/

Comment

Originally posted by fioreid View Post
      Can someone please explain how Roles work?

I am having a hard time understanding how Roles work with Espo. I have a Real Estate CRM and I basically want to create different Roles for : Real Estate Agents, Listing Manager, I, Marketing Team, Office Manager etc. My question is not how to Create the Roles because I already did That. But they don't seem to work. This Team Roles and User Roles confuses me, and I really need someone that can explain it to me like I am 5. I have read the documentation but it's still very confusing to me.​
      Create roles assign them to user and it should work. can you share some screenshot to better understand what you are trying to acheive.

Comment

There's a diagram in this post that shows you how role and team are related, perhaps this will help you understand their relationship.

Hi, I'm going to ask if it is possible to implement this type of team and sub team tree: agent_1 (team leader with team visibility) |----agent_2 (see only own records) |----agent_3 (see only own records) |----agent_4 (Sub-team leader only with his team visibility) |------agent_5 (see only own records)

Comment

In your industry, I guess here is an example:

Role: Manager, Administration, The Boss, I.T guy, Guest, Customer, etc. They all have different access and can see and edit certain thing.

Team: Rental Team, Sale Team, Support Team, Accounting Team, Marketing Team. They group of people that can have one role above or many role above. They part of a department
          Last edited by espcrm; 12-15-2022, 05:55 AM.

Comment

The example from the docs explains quite simple: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ent.md#example

Comment

I think that for practical purposes, the most important consideration is that a Role is the entity that has the access rights that you define, and a Team simply groups one or more Roles,

Becasue a Team can contain one or more Roles, a Team member will have all the rights of all the Roles associated with the Team.

Teams and Roles are linked as a many-to-many relationship.

So you have two ways to assign a defined set of rights to a User:

1) Define the access rights in a Role, and then link the User with that Role

2) Define the access rights in a Role, create or use an existing Team and link it with the Role, and make the User a member of that Team.

Comment

@fioreid ​, you will love it when will get used to it

Comment

Working...
                X