Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple URL tracking issue

Hi!

We have followed the tracking URLs tutorial but haven't been able to make it work.

We need to create a URL that is used inside an email template and sent by users (NOT used in mass campaigns). When someone clicks the URL, a person of the team receives an email (we plan to use signals BPM for this).

The problem is that the tracking URL is not being populated when sent from the email template. It stays as {trackingUrl:123456} (ID as example) inside href.

Anyone has been able to make it work? Does URL tracking work for individual emails sent (NOT campaigns)?

Thanks a lot!

Hi Pablo,

The point is that Tracking URL cannot work without using BPM.

I recreated the most simple and working version:

I. We go to https://your_espocrm_instance_domain...ignTrackingUrl and create our Tracking Url (screensot 1), where we immediately indicate the link where we forward the recipient of the email, and copy it.
    II. In Administration > Email Templates, create a template based on the example shown in gif http://g.recordit.co/MF4tjoMTzc.gif.
    III. In Administration > Process Flowcharts, create a process with settings as shown in screenshots 2 and 3. Screenshot 3 shows Signal Intermediate Event (Catching) clickUrl.Contact.{$id}.637751e2ef34b53fc, when:
    • clickUrl - recipient must click;
    • Contact.{$id} - id of the contact we created in step 1 in screenshot 2;
    • 637751e2ef34b53fc - id our Tracking Url(from screenshot 1);
    In screenshot 4 I create a notification for User and in screenshot 5 we just have the completion of our process.

To be continued in the next post, as only 5 files can be added in one post...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by victor; 11-18-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

a. So we create a contact Step 1 in screenshot 2(you can just use Start Event as in screenshot 6).
      b. Step 2 in screenshot 2 sends the letter to the specified address.
      с. The recipient receives an email containing a clickable link. Note that the link will only be clickable when using BPM (screenshot 7), otherwise the recipient will only see text (screenshot 8).
      d. The recipient clicks on the link in the received e-mail, and already then a notification is created and the process is completed.

In the upper right corner of the contact's Detail view, next to the Follow button, I click "Start Process". On screenshot 9, I manually start the process (note that the email in the contact has been specified), and screenshot 10 shows the success of sending.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by victor; 11-18-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Hey victor !

Thanks a LOT for your detailed reply! Fantastic explanation.

Questions:
        1. I undestrand the email with the tracking URL inside must be sent using BPM. Does the "Send Message Task" and the "Signal Intermediate Event (Catching)" NEED to be in the the same flowchart? Or can the "Send Message Task" and "Signal Intermediate Event (Catching)" be in 2 separate flowcharts?

We plan to send the same tracking URL in different flowcharts (BPM) and would be "cleaner" if we can have only 1 flowchart for the URL tracking notifications.
        2. I see you added a notification as the last step of the flowchart (that's perfect). Can we use any data (ex: first name) from the contact that clicked the URL? For example "Victor with email victor@example.com has opened the URL".
        Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Pablo,

The simplest BPM requires a start condition, some action and process completion. In our case, the condition that the recipient clicks on the link in the received letter is added to the simplest BPM. Therefore, the answer to the first question is "no". Because the example from my previous post is the simplest.

Regarding placeholders for Notifications, unfortunately, there are only 2 of them available (screenshot 1). The final version of the notification for its recipient will look like shown in screenshot 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi victor,

Thanks for your time. Everything is very clear.

Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
            X