X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label in Import error form: Validation: Valid vs. Invalid

Hi,

when importing records, I find import errors like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	85240
    Obviously, there is something WRONG with the data given in the field "Beschreibung des Transfertyps". So, if data is INVALID, why does validation state "Valid"? Shouldn't that read "Invalid"?
    Again, even "invalid" does not quite give an answer. It would be great to have some more information on the error like "You used "/" in a field, where it is not allowed" (may be shorter, of course: " '/' not allowed") ...

Kind regards
    Last edited by agri; 11-15-2022, 03:19 PM.

You may need to provide the file for testing. Remove sensitive information, try to reproduce the error, if can reproduce upload the file.

Step by step how-to reproduce as well.

Comment

Hi espcrm,
      first of all, as far as I can see, the statement "valid" will occur with any error the validation process will find. Secondly, I was able to correct the errors, so import did well then. So it's not the faulty data in my CSV, but the statement "valid" of the validation process that I'm complaining about.
      So no need to send you the CSV - or is it a different file you'd need?
      Kind regards

Comment

• espcrm
        espcrm commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi agri, do you think this is a bug?

The reason I ask for the file and all that is we can report it as a bug and get Yuri to fix it.

In case of a lack of understanding on my side, pfa a CSV (zip) for testing.

Import - Step1:
      • Entity: Leads
      • Create and update
      • Field delimiter: ;
      • Text Qualifier: Double Quote
      • Person Name Format: First Last
      • Decimal Mark: ,
      • Time Format: HH:mm
      • TImezone: Europe/Berlin
      • Date Format: DD.MM.YYYY
      • Currency: EUR
      • Silent Mode
      Step 2:
      • Activate
        • transferCaseId
        • salutationName
        • anredetitel
        • firstName
        • lastName
        • emailAddress
        • department
        • phoneNumber​
      • skip all the rest
      • Update by phone number
      • no Default Values
      • Run Import
      I get an error because of a slash "/" in phone number. Validation process finds the error, but states "Valid"

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	335
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	85277
      Regards
      agri
      Attached Files

Comment

I test your file on the demo version and can confirm it doesn't import.

The error show under as Import Error so it obvious that Import has failed. The issue now come with the wording which can be quite misleading and it saying "Valid"

It is "Valid" as it there is a valid error
        or "Valid" as it the field data is correct.

I'm not sure, you can try to take a chance to report this as a bug and see the developer response. But this "Valid" error might be intentional 'code'-speak.

Anyway here is a screenshot from the demo; and just incase you are not aware, I'm just another user like yourself and not part of the EspoCRM team.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	270
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	85336

Comment

Hi espcrm,
          thanks for your posting!
          "I'm just another user like yourself and not part of the EspoCRM team." - your nickname suggests you are
          You may be right, this might be code-speak. But that's not helpful for a poor user, who is questioning what kind of error the hack that is ...
          I'll try to report a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by agri View Post
            Hi,

when importing records, I find import errors like this:

Click image for larger version Name:	grafik.png Views:	0 Size:	28.6 KB ID:	85240
            Obviously, there is something WRONG with the data given in the field "Beschreibung des Transfertyps". So, if data is INVALID, why does validation state "Valid"? Shouldn't that read "Invalid"?
            Again, even "invalid" does not quite give an answer. It would be great to have some more information on the error like "You used "/" in a field, where it is not allowed" (may be shorter, of course: " '/' not allowed") ...

Kind regards
            It state Valid to let you know that the data provided for that specific field should be Valid, e.g if you provide a phone number with wired format or two phone number grouped in one cell or if you add space before and after the phone number then the system will let you know that the validation failed because that phone number field should be valid and the one you provided if not valid. this is not a bug this is how the validation works, also please remember that the system will check against any validation rule you have for any field. e.g if you have the phoneNumber as required field and when you import data there are some records without phone number then the system will give you an error.

Comment

I think what agri trying to say it should be "Invalid" or "Require Validation" or Validation Fail. At least that how I would write error messages for this. But there probably convention when it come to code and what is written may correct in code-world.
              Last edited by espcrm; 11-18-2022, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• rabii
                rabii commented
                Editing a comment
                i understand but this should be fine too honestly at first i was a bit confused but when i understood how it works it made sense, hence it says what type of validation is needed ( validation : valid ) means this should be a valid field.

• agri
                agri commented
                Editing a comment
                @rabii: try to see it from a user's point of view. The message **looks** like "yxz is valid". This is just confusing.

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
              I think what agri trying to say it should be "Invalid" or "Require Validation" or Validation Fail. At least that how I would write error messages for this. But there probably convention when it come to code and what is written is correct
              Exactly.

Comment

Working...
              X