Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing emails

Dear Espo Team,

I would like to find a solution to a potentially unique problem.

I'm using Espo CRM in an offline environment that can't connect to internet.

I would like to be able to import emails into the system so that it is listed under the Contacts history as regular emails would if Espo CRM was connected to an email server.

My idea was to set up an offline email server and import the emails into it through an email client program that is connected to my offline Espo CRM.

However I was hoping that I could custom make something where I could upload the exported email files (.eml file type) that could be filed into Espo CRM through an API.

I looked around the documentation but I couldn't really find something along this line.

If someone has any idea on this, please give me a hint.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Charlie

Hello Charlie,
    I think you could setup an automatic .csv import, this would be the easiest way probably.
    As a start you could try to makes email importable and check if importing works well.
    Create a new file in /custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/scopes called Email.json
    PHP Code:
    {

"importable"true
    }​ 
    and then try to import a .csv to see if it works.

Comment

Hi Kharg,

Thank you for your answer.

I tried this out. First of all, the scopes directory didn't exist so I created it.

Otherwise when I go to Administrator view --> Import, I don't have the Email as an entity to choose.

Is that where you think should show up?

Should I restart PHP services?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
      Charlie

Comment

You have to click Rebuilt in the Administration page and then refresh the page.

Comment

Hi Kharg,

Thank you and genius solution!

It definitely works!

I will have to get the some small programming that will format the email file to be importable but this will do it!

Thank you very much for your help once again!

Best Regards,

Charlie

Comment

I am happy to hear that!

I think you could write a simple powershell script to do the job,
            probably if you search for that in google you will find something to convert emails to .csv

Comment

Working...
            X