Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change entity type to "base plus"

Hello,

I wanted to ask you if this topic: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...tory-and-tasks

is still the way how to change the entity type to "base plus". We have the entity with a type "base", but we would actually need to have history, activities etc. in this entity. The problem is that we have a lot of data connected with this entity and we want to avoid rebuilding everything from scratch.

Could someone guide me on how to change the entity type to "base plus", please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Not sure if it would be possible to just change the entity type and even if you do it on the scope level it still might cause you a lot of issues and bugs. i think safe way is to create a new entity base plus and migrate data from base entity to base plus entity.

Comment

Hello,
      the simple way is delete your entity and create a new with same entity name.
      if you have custom field or relation, you need to recreate it.

never tested but should do what you will

Comment

The entity denomination as "base" or "base plus" only tells the Entity manager what type of functionality should be attached when the Entity Manager is creating a new entity, so the Entity manager creates different backend, frontend and metadata scripts that reflect the functionalities defined for base or for base plus.

There is no GUI way to "change" this denomination, think about it as the name of a recipe, that tells a cook what ingredients and preparations must go into a plate.

If you already had a plate prepared that was named plate1 you couldn't easily transform it to comply with the recipe for another plate called plate2.

The best and most time efficient way by far to accomplish this is to follow rabii and item advice.
        Last edited by telecastg; 11-02-2022, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakub Grufik View Post
          Hello,

I wanted to ask you if this topic: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...tory-and-tasks

is still the way how to change the entity type to "base plus". We have the entity with a type "base", but we would actually need to have history, activities etc. in this entity. The problem is that we have a lot of data connected with this entity and we want to avoid rebuilding everything from scratch.

Could someone guide me on how to change the entity type to "base plus", please?

Thanks a lot in advance.
          I had the same problem 2 weeks ago with my onboarding form. I followed the same guide you linked with the latest version of EspoCRM. It worked like a charm but the entity is still shown as Base but you have all the Base Plus features.

Remember to backup files and database if you plan to go this route

Comment

Working...
          X