Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best CRM self hosted and easy to customs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best CRM self hosted and easy to customs?

Hello,
    I'm looking for a new crm self hosted..and I'm looking a CRM who are good
    bee tv app follow up in developer community and built extra module.
    What do you suggest?

Last edited by stenson; 10-18-2022, 04:37 PM.

Odd place to ask I suppose. I can only answer with regard to EspoCRM.

The community (forum) is pretty good, since there is a forum. Most other CRM I see don't have any forum anymore.

As for Developer Community, the only person to know the system well is Yuri, which is good for managing code but bad in the way that he doing all work; if he get sick, lost interest or whatever reason then everything stall.

There has been a few Pull Request that get accepted, but a few also rejected or have not been review. If you look at Pull Request vs with other CRM EspoCRM isn't all that too popular. Another way to see how popular it is is, "how many paid extension by the community/3rd party?". There is only about 3-4 developer that selling these extension. When you compare something with like vTiger, where there are hundreds of developer.

Personally I don't want to become a vTiger ecosystem, but it may need to be for rapid development.
    Last edited by espcrm; 10-20-2022, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• yuri
      yuri commented
      Editing a comment
      EspoCRM appeared when the CRM market was quite established. We looked for an investor at the beginning, and everybody told us that we got into a wrong marker, what I agreed with. VTiger was a SugarCRM fork long before EspoCRM appeared. I'm happy with the fact that we get a decent user base almost without investing into marketing. That tells that the product is not bad.

Not all products are fully open for contributions from outside. You may see pull requests for some products which are actually made by internal devs.

> everything stall

Maintaining the software in the current state will not be that difficult. The problem I see that often old users expect us constantly adding new features. Do we really need them? It has been too much added already, we started with a consideration to be a slim system, now we have so many features, that we are now even larger software than some industry leaders were before we started. And they had millions of investments. New features not always make a software good, they may also kill a product.

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      At end of the day, I'm an user that always welcome new feature that benefit our use. Can't speak for the hell that programmer having to remember what to do, where everything is and the mindset and general coding design plan.

I'm doing a simple bot commands tag on Discord and it just a long list of what can be consider bad coding, if you even can call it coding. Long line of <if> statement without much logic but <if, if, if>.

Anyway appreciate feedback for the future generation of EspoCRM. Been too occupied to play on the forum.

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      You are right, you have built a solid product. Tbh i used to be amongst non tech users who just wants more features but since i started developing i am actually impressed how EspoCRM is open for any customization, you can literately build anything using this beautiful product. The developer experience is very good, so much satisfying.

Thank you Yuri and you team
      Last edited by rabii; 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM.

Hi,

just by curiosity, i am going search store of vtiger and make a print-screen of first page.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-18 at 10.29.31.png
Views:	352
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	84170

all except 2 extension existe out-of-box in espoCRM.

Histories Time Machine : i have asked this long time ago
    My World View : i think same extension existe by a developper

With only 5 extension, advanced pack, outlook/gmail, mailchimp, voip, sale pack .. you respond 95% of requirement out-of-box.

Comment

you know, you are asking this in the forum of the best CRM around?

Comment

yuri, could you not close this thread? It is obviously an attempt to marketing other software.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          I just banned the user. Bots often getting through our moderation filter step.

I have been looking at CRMs for a long time. I installed one years ago and it was overcomplicated for what I wanted. Because I am starting my tech business again I decided to look at CRMs. I looked at lots of them and tested when I could. They are still overcomplicated. It seems at least three are based on a fork of a now no longer open source product, which explains their complexities being shared in common.

I will just explain one issue I had with several of them, that EspoCRM does not have and why I decidded to go with Espo, and will consider the paid extensions as I get customers that need them, and if not, then will support the project in other ways...

That problem was addresses. Addresses are a common thing when you are, you know, storing people's information. None of them made it easy, and had an extra layer. In one case, of one crm specifically created for techs, I had to create LOCATIONS, someplace else... ATTACH locations to a business, THEN attach it to a CONTACT in the business... when you bring up the business... or the contact.. OR the location, you still had to CLICK THROUGH to view the actual address. I actually liked that program for the first fifteen minutes of its install because it was "simple"... after what I realized I was going to have to go through, just to view addresses, I did not even bother with their forum. becuase this is a basic thing.

Now compare that to my limited Espo experience.

I have scanned a lot of business cards. I want the business card to appear on the right, or below if necessary. I tried Document... it did not work. I posted a question to the forum and got an immediate answer. That led me to the documentation where I realized one of the field types was image... i created an image field for the Account entity...used the layout manager to put it in the fields section on the right... and viola! Business Card..added BusinessCardBack for those two sided business cards and it was smooth...

Then I decided for the sake of testing lets add more fields... done..work..layout..worked... no stress... it ..just.. worked.. Espo Works.

Last night I did some screen sharing with my partner to show her the program. Then just to double check we reviewed a couple of the other products ...and realized just how complicated they are compared to EspoCRM.

I understand the other potential issues the one fella explained above, but most open source projects are run by one or two persons anyhow. And some of those issues can be solved by us supportung Yuri, either by buying extensions, or in other ways.

So when a bot or a real person asks me what is the best CRM... well for me the best CRM is EspoCRM...

Thanks for making it. I will be digging through these forums and the documentation a lot.

Comment

• yuri
          yuri commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for your feedback and good words

An Address as a separate entity is a reasonable approach. Some may prefer it. I'm more in favor of simple address fields, as we have.

• joefrantz
          joefrantz commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree that it can be separate, but it should be flexible enough to at least show it at the base of a record, for those that need it. Your way of doing it is the proper way. I also love love love that when we add field type address, it automatically creates address, city state zip etc. That is fantastic. I created three versions. 1. on my testing domain, another for actual use on my real domain, and then i created an instance on your cloud and I will probably just keep that active and pay for it at least as a way to support you. That way I can still figure out how the extensions work, then when I have a client that needs the extensions I can just pay for it then.

As to the extensions, based on my reading they are a subscription which lasts a single year or two years, and then they have to pay again, which seems like a good way we can support the project.
      Working...
      X