Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't send emails after upgrade to 7.2.3

Hi

Yesterday I updated our EspoCRM from 7.1.10 to 7.2.3.

Today I have one user who is unable to send emails from EspoCRM. He gets the following error message:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EspoCRM.png Views:	0 Size:	4.2 KB ID:	83059
    Error 403: Access denied
    Assignment failure: assigned user or team not allowed.
    Yesterday (before the update) he could send emails without any problem.

Logfile is also not very helpful:
    ERROR: (403) Assignment failure: assigned user or team not allowed.; POST /Email; line: 418, file: ROOT_FOLDER\application\Espo\Core\Record\Service.p hp [] []
    In the browser console I get the following errors:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Console.png Views:	0 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	83062

I think it might be related to the changes for the custumizability of the emails (layout, fields, etc.). But I don't even quite get, what this error message means. yuri Maybe you can clarify what this error message means?

For anyone having the same problem:
    What did the trick for me, was adding a default team to the user, then it worked. And after I remove the default team, it still worked :-)

But this seems like a bug, doesn't it?

Comment

I could not reproduce. Tried to send an from a regular user w/o a Default Team.

Comment

Could be that the user had a default team that is not their team.

Comment

No, the user had no default team at all.
          I then tried adding a default team and it worked again.
          I then tried removing the default team and it still worked.

Comment

Today I had the same thing again...

The user wanted to send an email and it did not work. Then I added a default team to the user and it worked again.

But there is one thing I need to correct: If I remove the default team it still seems to work for some time. But If I remove the default team and clear the browser cache on the client it instantly does not work anymore.

So if the user has a default team it works, and if not, it does not work. Is this field mandatory all of the sudden yuri ?

Comment

I am having the same issue. yuri - The "Email" scope is returning as False in Espo\Core\AclManager\checkScope. I can't send test emails, the "Send Email Invitations" button is missing from Meetings, and reports can no longer be sent via email from the Reports tab. Cron emails are still working. I do not know when this started happening, but I first noticed it yesterday. I am using 7.2.4 and I know it was working in 7.1.x.

PHP Code:
                 public function postActionSendTestEmail(Request $request): bool

{

$GLOBALS["log"]->debug("",[$this->acl->checkScope(EmailEntity::ENTITY_TYPE)]);
                      if (!
              $this->acl->checkScope(EmailEntity::ENTITY_TYPE)) {
                          throw new 
              Forbidden();
                      }
              ​ 
              Code:
              [2022-09-23 09:36:24] DEBUG:  [false] []
              [2022-09-23 09:36:24] DEBUG: API (403) POST /Email/action/sendTestEmail; Input data: {...}; Route pattern: /{controller}/action/{action}; Route params: Array (     [controller] => Email     [action] => sendTestEmail )  [] []
              [2022-09-23 09:36:24] ERROR: (403) POST /Email/action/sendTestEmail; line: 79, file: /var/www/crm/application/Espo/Controllers/Email.php [] []​
              I am logged in as an administrator. Something is definitely wrong, but I can't figure out where the permissions are stored in the database to know for sure where the problem originates.
              Last edited by bandtank; 09-23-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bandtank View Post
                I am having the same issue. yuri - The "Email" scope is returning as False in Espo\Core\AclManager\checkScope. I can't send test emails, the "Send Email Invitations" button is missing from Meetings, and reports can no longer be sent via email from the Reports tab. Cron emails are still working. I do not know when this started happening, but I first noticed it yesterday. I am using 7.2.4 and I know it was working in 7.1.x.

PHP Code:
                public function postActionSendTestEmail(Request $request): bool
                {
                $GLOBALS["log"]->debug("",[$this->acl->checkScope(EmailEntity::ENTITY_TYPE)]);
                if (!
                $this->acl->checkScope(EmailEntity::ENTITY_TYPE)) {
                throw new 
                Forbidden();
                }
                ​ 
                Code:
                [2022-09-23 09:36:24] DEBUG: [false] []
                [2022-09-23 09:36:24] DEBUG: API (403) POST /Email/action/sendTestEmail; Input data: {...}; Route pattern: /{controller}/action/{action}; Route params: Array ( [controller] => Email [action] => sendTestEmail ) [] []
                [2022-09-23 09:36:24] ERROR: (403) POST /Email/action/sendTestEmail; line: 79, file: /var/www/crm/application/Espo/Controllers/Email.php [] []​
                I am logged in as an administrator. Something is definitely wrong, but I can't figure out where the permissions are stored in the database to know for sure where the problem originates.
                FYI - My particular issue was fixed by enabling the Email entity. I'm still confused why this started happening recently because the Email entity has been disabled for a long time, but I'm happy it is resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by bandtank View Post
                  FYI - My particular issue was fixed by enabling the Email entity. ...
                  What do you mean by "enabling"? Do you mean under "Administration" > "Entity manager" > "Email" > "Edit", and there uncheck the checkbox "Disabled"?
                  The checkbox has been enabled at our instance.

Comment

Originally posted by lucakuehne View Post

What do you mean by "enabling"? Do you mean under "Administration" > "Entity manager" > "Email" > "Edit", and there uncheck the checkbox "Disabled"?
                    The checkbox has been enabled at our instance.
                    Yes, that is what I mean. Do you have the permission set correctly?

Comment

Working...
                    X