Open Source CRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source CRM

We recently installed a Synology server for her home office so that she could have good backups. To assist her handle her clients more effectively, my next goal is to acquire some CRM software that I can host on the Synology.

The only actual requirement for this is that it be able to function on the Synology. I gave her the DS720+, which has a four-core 2.0/2.7 CPU and six gigabytes of RAM. Another advantage would be to be able to automate some processes using Python.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? Many thanks

youtube thumbnail grabber
    Last edited by Shisui2025; 09-05-2022, 05:31 AM.

Hello Shisui2025

Espo basically runs on a LAMP system.
    You should provide the prerequisites.

Comment

Biggest, and I would even say most important (at least according to the information you provided) is to get an ssd, Espo/MySQL thrives on it, you will get an incomparable speed boost from an ssd, this is talking from a personal experience, first we selfhosted on a WD Blue, then moved to an ssd, that was the best thing we did so far, lightning fast.

Comment

Hello Shisui2025! We run a number of Synology systems in our environment. Although we do not use them for hosting web applications, what you're desiring should be possible!

Your client's system comes loaded with DiskStation Manager (DSM) web administration GUI. In DSM, open up the Package Center and you'll see a nifty Open Source section, pictured below. There contains all of the components you'll need to install EspoCRM per their installation guide. You should have to just wire up the individual components to have yourself a working application stack.

The only thing I'm a little unsure about is managing EspoCRM's application permissions and such, I would imagine installing Apache maybe sets up application directories in File Station or something. Might be some resources online to help you get applications meant for LAMP-stacks running on an Synology foundation.

Good luck!! Report back to here how you pan-out with this as your experience may be helpful to other forum users in a similar situation. We gotta ensure EspoCRM is on as many systems as possible if this community is going to takeover the CRM industry!!

Comment

Working...
        X