Handling incoming SPAM Mails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handling incoming SPAM Mails

Hello. We have one Group Mail Account and several personal Mail Accounts. We also have Advanced Package installed. The Group account creates automatically a case for incoming mails, if they are not related to an existing case. So far so good. But we receive a lot of SPAM Mails. Is there any possibility to mark the SPAM Mails "by one click" as SPAM, o that they will be ignored from then on? I know there are the filter rules, but it takes a lot of time to create a filter for each incoming SPAM Mail.
    Thanks for your help.

Hello pehoma,

In my opinion, you did everything right with the extension of the existing email filters or with the creation of new ones. It is better to prevent the admission of unwanted letters into the crm, than to create many formulas that will delete letters and cases (or mark them in some way). In both situations, you will encounter manual work

Comment

I think it also better to rely on your server as a spam filter rather than EspoCRM because I think EspoCRM have no spam filter ability at all.

Perhaps one day when we have an Opensource AI system that can be include in the 'spam filter extension'

Comment

Some providers do have report spam API, so we potentially could integrate it. Any input with information on this topic would be appreciated.

Comment

Not sure if this is off-topic, but after reading yuri I decide to do a bit of reading:

It seem like there is Spam Report API, RapidAPI seem to collate a few here: https://rapidapi.com/collection/spam-api
          Microsoft have it but they make no mention of API/Developer, I guess it all lock and you have to use their built-in email system: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...o365-worldwide

Considering that Roundcube is the open source email system, I tried search for it but see nothing about it, I'm guessing it similar to Microsoft Outlook. Either that or Roundcube have a basic "create your own filter" system.

With my shared hosting, the server provider install SpamAssassin, so we are using that. Doing a search I came across this: https://github.com/empressia-co/SpamAssassin-API

After reading all this, there is still no solution

Comment

Also worth mentioning, that using 3rd party spam detectors is no option for many because of privacy and confidentiality concerns.

Comment

Comment

Hello to all and thanks for the help with this issue.
                What I mean and what would be very helpful is a "button" to mark an email sender as "blocked". We used this before in OsTicket. There is a possibility so block the sender email, so that it will be ignored. I think something like that would be helpful in ESPO. By clicking on this "button" the system will create a filter or put the email on a blacklist, so that it won't be imported from then on. I don't know its this is possible to integrate.
                Last edited by pehoma; 08-18-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• espcrm
                  espcrm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right now how we filter our is create an Account/Entity we call "Blacklist/Spammer/Scammer", we add all the numbers and email to that and just share that as a Contact and filter for all our staff.

Not ideal, but it work.
              Working...
              X