No announcement yet.

Everyone should only see their emails - except for those related to customers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone should only see their emails - except for those related to customers

I remember that somebody told me there is a problem when using email accounts with Outlook integration, namely that colleagues can see too many emails. In the best case people see mails they are not interested in, in the worst case they see things that are none of their business. Creating additional accounts is expensive for Microsoft, so don't open new group accounts with addresses like sales@ or support@. Apart from the money, this always seems impersonal.

Can I set the permissions so that everyone can only see their own emails, unless they are directly related to a customer, for example because they are the sender or recipient, or because an email is related to a customer?

(The word "customer" is meant in general, of course I also mean contacts and prospects, or even opportunities or cases).

Yes
    you can set the role to read only their own emails. and if you have advanced pack then you can create a workflow so that when a user is assigned a new client then assign the email to them as well.

Comment

But how can I make sure that other users can see all mails that this user exchanges with a customer? And can I avoid that someone else can see Emails of this user that are not associated with a customer?

Comment

i think you can do so by using teams, e.g allow teams to view certain emails and you can manipulate this by using different teams for each users, and using workflow you can use user assignment to update emails that belong to a customer and update all the custom emails (teams) to required one. you should just tinker around and i am sure there is a work around to get the result.

Comment

Working...
        X