Create new portal user on contact creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create new portal user on contact creation

If I want to create a portal user automatically when a contact is created through the API, do I need the 'Advanced Pack' to create a workflow?

I have tried to create a formula in the contact entity, but there only seems to be the before save custom script function.

I did find this post, but cant seem to get it to work...

Create Portal Users Via Workflow - EspoCRM Open Source Community Forum

I would assume that on save could work if it:
    1. uses the submitted API data (name, email address etc) to create a portal user
    2. responds with the portal user ID and links it to the contact.

Something like:

$password = password\generate();
    $hash = password\hash($password);
    $emailAddress = email Address from contact form

$userId = record\create('User',
    'userName', $emailAddress, 'password', $hash 'emailAddress', $emailAddress );

How do I return the created portal information to the contact, and how do I get the email address from the contact form?

If I need the advanced pack for workflows, so be it.

thanks in advance.

Hi mkas,

Really, you don't need a workflow for creating a portal user automatically. There are several ways to do it:

Comment

Does anyone have ideas how to create portal users without admin rights? I just need to enable my "sales manager" to create a customer's contact with ability to connect to portal.
      yuri might be it will be enabled in upcoming version as one of roles?

Comment

Originally posted by partomas View Post
        Does anyone have ideas how to create portal users without admin rights? I just need to enable my "sales manager" to create a customer's contact with ability to connect to portal.
        yuri might be it will be enabled in upcoming version as one of roles?
        Hello partomas,

I think you can use a Workflow for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lazovic View Post
          I think you can use a Workflow for it.
          Yes, I can but not all CRM users have "Advanced Pack", so the standard functionality of "role" of portal users administrator would be great. For those who want automation "Workflow" could be a solution, but not for everyone who use Espo CRM.

Comment

Working...
          X