Workflow send mail to "invalid mail"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workflow send mail to "invalid mail"

Hello, we make some workflow rules that are sending some notifications, but problem is that it send to accounts with marked email address as "invalid". Is there are any solutions how to exclude such emails to be sent out?

There are no option to delete "invalid" emails as they are adding automatically and we can mark them only as invalid after returned bounce response.

Probably you could write a formula which would check specific email in database is email is opted out or invalid. And if it is then just end workflow before send. I would try to look in this entity: https://demo.eu.espocrm.com/#EmailAddress

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      In report I can filter Account's "opted out" emails as parameter, but "invalid" is not there as field.

yuri can you do the same as "opted out fields: allow foreign access" (https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/c...e830b0b4bde47d) to "Invalid" parameter of account.mail ?

Comment

Hello,

I'm encountering the same issue of sending mails to "invalid" email addresses. While I've employed workarounds like exclusions in reports and formulas, it's not user-friendly for regular users.

I propose implementing a global setting: "Do not send mails to 'invalid' email addresses." This setting would prevent the system from sending emails to marked "invalid" addresses, irrespective of where the users marks them as such. The same setting could be beneficial for SMS sending.

This global setting would help maintain our server's reputation by avoiding unnecessary communication with invalid mailboxes. While some customers might want a more relaxed rule, having the choice to apply this setting globally would be a big improvement.

yuri , could You consider implementing a global setting to prevent sending mails to "invalid" email addresses, ensuring it covers workflows, flowcharts, and other system-sending functionalities?

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comment

• rabii
        rabii commented
        Editing a comment
        you can check like below

record\exists('EmailAddress', 'name', emailAddress, 'invalid', false) => This will return true meaning valid email
        record\exists('EmailAddress', 'name', emailAddress, 'invalid', true) => this will return false meaning invalid email

Currently you can check for invalid from a related record. It has been implemented for a while.

Comment

Working...
      X