No announcement yet.

PDF template for entity: task, not showing up under 3 dots of task full view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF template for entity: task, not showing up under 3 dots of task full view

According to these instructions: https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/printing-to-pdf/ I should be able to have any pdf template I create, show up as an action item for the entity I created it for. I tried to create a task pdf template just now, and it isn't showing up under the action list if I check the box beside the task I want to print, nor does it show up in the task's full view, under the 3 dots beside the edit button. I went back to the pdf template, and task is definitely chosen as the desired entity.

The task is not marked complete, as the generated pdf is intended to be used as a guide when the client begins the task, to keep them on target.

Help?

Hmmm, it shows up if I select more than one task. .. but doesn't show up if I only select one task. . . weird. . .

Comment

• rabii
      rabii commented
      Editing a comment
      it is very normal behaviour, if you wish to print only one task then you can do it from within the task record itself otherwise if you wish you print 2 or more tasks then you can select the task you wish to print and proceed with action from Action list.

After a couple 3 task print jobs, now I CAN select just one task. . . does it take a few minutes for the system to catch up with itself?

Comment

If you create Template for the first time, it won't show up. You need to refresh (reload on browser or press F5 or Ctrl+R) the page then it will show up.

After the first PDF Template is created for that entity, you don't need to do this again.

Comment

Oh ok. I knew there had to be something going on. A browser refresh is necessary. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
        X