Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display a pdf from a file uploaded in a custom entity

Hi everyone,

I've been looking around, but couldn't find a way to do it.

We have a custom entity called applications, that our applicants from a website among other things upload a pdf to the CRM record. For revision purposes, we would need to be able to display that uploaded pdf in the record, like if it was an Iframe. We managed to do something like this on a non-custom entity with an Iframe and a URL that we edited upon uploading the pdf, but we couldn't do it on a custom one. Besides this implied tampering with ESPO source code, which I'd rather not touch.

Do you guys know of a way to do that?

Thanks!

We are using Espo 7.0.8 v with advanced pack 2.8.9 v

I think you can implement something like (file) on document, when you click on it it open the pdf document in a new tab so you could read it in the browser without the need for downloading it. i guess this might work for you, you can check document (clientDefs) to find out how it work, it is really powerful (but only works for PDF hence browsers can read pdf).
    see attached screenshot.
    Attached Files

Comment

rabii thank you for your reply. That's a good workaround, the main thing here is trying to convince an evaluation board to evaluate from the CRM, so every extra step is critical when trying to convince them.

Will try though.

Comment

hi abisbe

i understand, good luck.

cheers

Comment

The problem with any kind of CRM ... or any other open-source/customizable software, for that matter ... is that users attempt to achieve a 100% application/automation, when that is rarely possible. This is something that evaluation panels/boards don't seem to understand.

Another thing you will find when comparing CRMs, is that each one has it own advantages and disadvantages / strengths and weaknesses.

If we could take the programmability, hooks, formulas and aesthetic beauty of Espo and combine it with all the ready-made out-of-the-box modules and features found in SuiteCRM, along with the inherent reporting functionality in Zurmo, we'd have something very powerful!
          Last edited by Mark G.; 12-17-2021, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X