Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookup non-espocrm table

Hi there,
    Our EspoCRM is in the same database as another application (we did this by design).
    Is it possible to have an espoCRM entity lookup another table in the database for values? We don't want to write to the other tables, just lookup.

For example.

We have the espoCRM entity of contacts
    We want to have a select field where a espCRM user can select a contact from our other table

In espoCRM - Entity Manager - Contact - Fields = create a Enum field (lets call it EXTERNAL_CONTACT)
    The EXTERNAL_CONTACT field doesn't use a list of options from the Enum field, but shows records from a different table (called oth_contacts)

Is this possible?

The concept here is to be able to have a select field that we can use to link the EspoCRM record with a non-EspoCRM record.

Yes it is possible! Easy to know at a snap of a finger? Nope you need to have a bit of knowledge and trial-and-error but very doable I think.

HOWEVER for easy mode you need to use the paid Extension (Advanced Pack I believe). For non-easy mode you need to learn how to use Webhooks (ie. Get a programmer or watch video and self-learn)

Finally one more "I can't do this" hurdle is, does your External system have Webhook and/or API ability? If not then you need to add them to the that system.

I think the final option is to access the database directly somehow... that is even more of a foreign topic for my skill leve.

Comment

Originally posted by espcrm View Post
      Yes it is possible! Easy to know at a snap of a finger? Nope you need to have a bit of knowledge and trial-and-error but very doable I think.

HOWEVER for easy mode you need to use the paid Extension (Advanced Pack I believe). For non-easy mode you need to learn how to use Webhooks (ie. Get a programmer or watch video and self-learn)

Finally one more "I can't do this" hurdle is, does your External system have Webhook and/or API ability? If not then you need to add them to the that system.

I think the final option is to access the database directly somehow... that is even more of a foreign topic for my skill leve.
      Thanks for the info!
      I am thinking it might be easier if I just put espo in it's own database, then run a daily cron job to update the espo EXTERNAL_CONTACT entity with the records from the second database - something like a sync.

Comment

Hi, you should go with the ways as you described yourself - create a new entity in EspoCRM, then create a Scheduled Job that fill fetch records in that external database and create record to EspoCRM. This scenario is ideal for PHP junior programming - let's say the most easiest way is to fetch all the records from external DB everytime, and iterate through them and if they already exists in EspoCRM, then do not create them again and create only the new ones (that do not exist in EspoCRM).

Comment

Working...
        X