Error 500 - cannot send/recieve mails via IMAP/SMTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 500 - cannot send/recieve mails via IMAP/SMTP

Hello, all of a sudden, since yesterday mail transfer is not working anymore.

Thats the error log from the cron job:
    [2021-10-02 06:50:06] ERROR: CronManager: Failed job running, job [615800de56587f744]. Error Details: Job CheckEmailAccounts 610813cb43e756f55: [0] cannot connect to host ; error = fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://srvxxxxxx:993 (Unknown error) (errno = 0 ) at /var/www/vhosts/xxxx.com/xxxx.com/application/Espo/Modules/Crm/Jobs/CheckEmailAccounts.php:74 [] []

The UI tells me this if i try to "test" the connection:
    Fehler 500: cannot connect to host ; error = fsockopen(): unable to connect to ssl://srvxxxxxxx:993 (Unknown error) (errno = 0 )

Dev tools:
    POST https://xxxxx/api/v1/EmailAccount/action/getFolders 500

Anything i can check?
    According to my hoster no permissions were changed

I could really need some help, i cant work with the crm anymore. Any idea?

Comment

Can you get to a command line on the espo server? Check if the problem is really espo and not outbound connectivity. From the command line try
      ping srvxxxxxx

If that works check ssl
      openssl s_client -connect srvxxxx:993

If that works then its really a espo or php problem.

Comment

Ping Works.
        I also get an answer back from the openssl s_client -connect command.

Comment

Strange. You could try establishing a ssl connection from a php script to test that the problem is not with php itself.

Something like the client.php file in the attached stackoverflow link (I'd guess you don't need specify a local cert or crypto_method for this test, but I haven't tried myself). Change tls:// to ssl:// and instead of sending hello world, send "a001 login user pass", just to check the server is responding normally.

Also ensure that server, php and espo are all up-to-date.
          I am attempting to create a server and client using PHP Sockets with SSL / TLS. However, when sending data to the server, I receive the following error: PHP Warning: stream_socket_accept():
          Last edited by bakvik; 10-03-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

One other thing I noticed, if you just upgraded to espo 7.0.0 they dropped support for php7.2. If you're using that php version (or earlier) this could be a side effect of that.

Comment

When i did the connect ssl command you mention above, at the end it returned "verify return code: 10 (certificate has expired)
              But the certificate in the webbrowser is valid. is this maybe something?

I will check the other link you mentioned. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by keda View Post
                is this maybe something?
                Could be, it's hard to say without seeing the certificate. Also the php error (unknown error) is not very descriptive.

But it could be a problem somewhere in the certificate chain. Check the attached link.

I'm having an issue with curl and openssl reporting a client certificate as expired, even though it's notAfter date is in the future: # echo | openssl s_client -showcerts -connect example.com:443 ...

Comment

Over the weekend I heard the news of Let's Encrypt root certificate having issue (not an issue if you plan ahead though). I'm not sure if it anyway related to your problem. Would be my only guess.

Aside from what was suggested, I always go down the route of finding "Is it me, someone else or Espo?". Basically I suggest you try another email to see if you can get it to work.

Comment

Originally posted by bakvik View Post
                    Can you get to a command line on the espo server? Check if the problem is really espo and not outbound connectivity. From the command line try
                    ping srvxxxxxx

If that works check ssl
                    openssl s_client -connect srvxxxx:993
                    The openssl command was the right hint. My provider fixed it and now its working again.

Comment

Working...
                    X