5 selection fields, only one stored item list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 selection fields, only one stored item list

I have a form with 5 selection fields. Each of these 5 selection fields has the same item list stored. Is it possible to create only one selection list for these 5 selection fields where all 5 fields can access it? So I don't want to have to maintain the same selection list 5 times, but that I have 5 fields that all access the same selection list. How do I solve the problem? 5 selection fields, only one stored item list

Hey

It is possible, i had the same issue in the past and was able to solve this using an extension from a well known developer in the community. PLease check there website for further details: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/product-...le-inline-form

there will help you achieve the desired functionality. eymen-elkum

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Rabii

Comment

For a free alternative method, see telecastg Enum by SQL https://github.com/telecastg/Enum-fr...ld-for-EspoCRM

Comment

Sorry, that extension was retired because we were made aware of a potential security issue.

Comment

• espcrm
          espcrm commented
          Editing a comment
          That good to know; I will stop mentioning.
          Hope your data was OK.

• telecastg
          telecastg commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes thanks for your concern, a forum participant discovered that it would be possible for a malicious actor to inject some SQL and alerted me before any incidents.

Doesn't an extension of Espo CRM also offer this possibility? I am always skeptical of third-party extensions. You never know whether they will survive the next Espo CRM update.

Originally posted by rabii View Post
        Hey

It is possible, i had the same issue in the past and was able to solve this using an extension from a well known developer in the community. PLease check there website for further details: https://www.eblasoft.com.tr/product-...le-inline-form

there will help you achieve the desired functionality. eymen-elkum

Hope this helps

Cheers
        Rabii

Comment

Then your only other option would be hire an in house developer or learn to code yourself.

Don't be too reliant on the Feature Request, as it is difficult to get it fulfill due to time restraint and disagreement.

So at the end of the day, you have to rely on 3rd party developer, especially one that have a vested interested in it (1) they use the system themself and (2) it their business model

Alternatively just have to live with it and learn through forum and other resources.

Comment

Code:
            Doesn't an extension of Espo CRM also offer this possibility? I am always skeptical of third-party extensions. You never know whether they will survive the next Espo CRM update.
            Not sure about the terms for eblasoft eymen-elkum or other third party extensions but official Espo extensions grant you a one year license where they guarantee compatibility with the newest Espo versions but after a year you must renew (and pay) to maintain such guarantee.

That is common practice with all commercial software, somebody has to pay to maintain it.
            Last edited by telecastg; 06-02-2021, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Hi,

If you have any question I will be happy to answer you here or by email, Eblasoft is trusted from many espo users.

Best Regards
              CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
              Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Working...
              X