Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 500 sending email. Unsupported Operand Types ?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 500 sending email. Unsupported Operand Types ?.

Hello,

We're setting up Espo to trial it. Having some trouble getting the SMTP email going. I've added the SMTP settings in preferences, and they have been double checked. But we get the dreaded 500 error when trying to send an email from the Compose button in the Emails section of the system.

Looking in the Espo error_log file, I can see the following message is generated each time we try.

Unsupported operand types in /home/boodleon/public_html/empire/vendor/zendframework/zend-validator/src/Hostname.php on line 1844

It looks like this is doing something with the domain/suffix? The domain in question is a .co.uk domain, if that helps. It does have a hyphen in the middle of the domain name, - could that be causing trouble?

thanks
    alexsunny

Hello,
    What EspoCRM version do you use?

Comment

Hello. I´m having a similar issue but cannot start a new thread, sorry about that.

I can send emails but if I add archives as attachments, ESPOCRM says error 500 and the email doesn´t appear as sent. The log file is:

ERROR: (HY000) SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away; PUT /Email/62ca636f149ff2b7d; line: 70, file: /home/xxxx/public_html/ESPOCRM/application/Espo/ORM/SqlExecutor.php

Can you help me please? Thanks

Regards

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Perhaps this thread will be helpful:
        I'm doing an operation that inserts hundreds of records into a MySQL database. After inserting exactly 176 records I get this error: [PDOException] SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL serve...

Comment

Many thanks, Vadym but I have no idea what to do about the solution because I´m not a developer or a programmer. I can´t find the MYSQL config file in my Cpanel hosting and activate it.

The problem appeared when I tried to send an email with a large file (15Mb). I don´t know if it is related with the same issue but another thing I did at the same time was to upload a 60 Mb file to the documents folder and got another "error 500". The log message is:

ERROR: Return value of Espo\Core\Api\ErrorOutput::clearPasswords() must be of the type string, null returned

Could you help me please?

Many thanks in advance

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Please provide a screenshot of `Administration -> System Requierements` to investigate this issue in more detail.

Comment

Hello Vadym, yes sure! Here you are. Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ESPOCRM.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	81607

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. I tested a scenario identical to yours, unfortunately, I can't reproduce such a problem.
                Please contact your provider, perhaps your plan has some limitations.

Also, we recommend setting the following values to the php.ini file:
                max_execution_time = 180
                max_input_time = 180
                memory_limit = 256M
                post_max_size = 50M
                upload_max_filesize = 50M

More: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...configuration/

Comment

Originally posted by Vadym View Post
                  Hi Kevin,

Sorry for the late reply. I tested a scenario identical to yours, unfortunately, I can't reproduce such a problem.
                  Please contact your provider, perhaps your plan has some limitations.

Also, we recommend setting the following values to the php.ini file:
                  max_execution_time = 180
                  max_input_time = 180
                  memory_limit = 256M
                  post_max_size = 50M
                  upload_max_filesize = 50M

More: https://docs.espocrm.com/administrat...configuration/
                  Hi Vadym. Many thanks anyway. Regards

Comment

Working...
                  X