Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with sending emails & sync

Hi I send a lot of emails from ESPO.

When I go to my user settings and then pick "Email Accounts" from the top right I have set up the external server.

I used to use an external hosted Exchange system, and things worked well. I could send emails and copies would be placed in the location that I asked for. It would also import them as required too.

I now have a new mail server on Office 365 so have disabled the original connection, and set up a new one. ESPO sends and imports perfectly but there are issues with the copies of sent items.

I have the system set so that when it sends an email, it adds a copy to a folder called "Sent Items / From CRM". This works.

The issue is that it also adds a copy to the "Sent Items" folder too. I also have some workflows that send emails and I have them tagged as "Do not store sent email". This used to work, but they too are being put into the "Sent Items" folder.

So in summary everything is working with the correct items being put into "Sent Items / From CRM". I am just getting extra items places into "Sent Items".

Help appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you talking about Sent Items on the email server side? So, in fact, it creates 2 identical emails in the Sent Items? Is that correct?

> I have the system set so that when it sends an email, it adds a copy to a folder called "Sent Items / From CRM"

Comment

Hi thanks for replying.

Here is the configuration that I am talking about:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Mail Config.png
Views:	288
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	65256

Everything that should be stored in Sent Items/From CRM is being stored there. That bit is correct.

The bit that isn't working is that I am also getting identical items in the Sent Items folder (not the sub-folder). I am also getting emails into Sent Items from a workflow where I have said I don't want copies.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am wondering if there is somewhere else in the product that is creating these extra copies?

On that above screen I have the account set up in both the IMAP and SMTP settings. I don't know if I need both.

Comment

Not sure if I can answer your first question but I think I can answer this one.

"On that above screen I have the account set up in both the IMAP and SMTP settings. I don't know if I need both."

IMAP = get your email
          SMTP = able to send out email.

You could give the "Put in Folder" option a try.

Comment

Working...
          X