• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowledgebase search doesn't find most matches unless % is used

EspoCRM 5.9.3
    MySQL 8.0.19
    textFilterUseContainsForVarchar => true
    fullTextSearchMinLength => 3
    Knowledgebase Entity: Text Filter Fields = Name, Description; Full Text Search = True

The knowledgebase search does not find all matching records unless wildcards are used. For example, if I search for the word calendar, two articles should be found. However, only one is found unless I add % to the beginning or end of the search term. This is not the correct behavior imo. See the attached pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4913.png
Views:	365
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	62919

Name:	image_4916.png
Views:	238
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	62925

Name:	image_4917.png
Views:	246
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	62926

However, if I search for the word powershell, which is at the end of the title of the first KB article in the 2nd and 3rd pictures, the article is found as expected. This type of thing happens with many other search terms and I usually have to add wildcards to get it to work correctly. Any ideas?
    Last edited by bandtank; 09-24-2020, 08:34 PM.

Hi bandtank,

Full Text can be quite difficult with certain field. Especially when I clear cache and rebuild database (you need to do this for Full Text indexing to be activated).

I think that your re-build is having issue that why you can't do search correctly. I tested on the demo and it seem to work fine.

Comment

I tried a cache clear and rebuild, but it didn't help. I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong with a few debug statements in the code and then report back.

Comment

Working...
      X