• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email to Task with replies

Hello,
    First thanks for this awesome CRM,

I have the Advance Pack installed,
    I'd like to have an email to Task workflow,
    I was able to do it with workflows, but I'd like when receiving a reply it should link and update original task,
    how can I add this?
    I am trying to do this with BPM but I'm in the blank,
    I have already added a many-to-many relationship between email and tasks,
    Logic that I would like:
    On incoming email:
    -If replied is empty:
    -- Create new task and link to task to email
    -Else:
    -Link task to email.replied.task
    -Update status to replied

Additionally it would be helpful if Espocrm can automatically add task IDs to replies as in Salesforce(Insert thread ID in body).

Please help me with this,

Thanks
    Last edited by abi2; 08-13-2020, 04:56 AM.

Hi abi2 ,

I have already tested this email to task trigger.

what I understood in your question is, that you want to link the particular task email replies to that task. to do that from client email reply that email should contain unique thing such as task reference ID or unique task name. with that you can link inbound emails to particular task via workflow.

Also you can update the task with email body condition with workflow.

Cheers!
    Nishan.

Comment

Thanks Nishan Perera and roma,
      I'm trying to add to workflow to link email to email.replied.task
      As I can get the parent email thru email.replied and parent is already linked to task,
      My question is how to link to email.replied.task

Comment

• Nishan Perera
        Nishan Perera commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you please show some GUI interface for your requirement. So we can understood clearly your requirement

I think you should use task id's. I'm sure you saw something similar when you contact big companies, they're always adding id of ticket in subject.
      You should do same thing. You could create additional button in task view which will open email creating view after click and let you prepare email with predefinied title(for example name of task + id). Then you'll need to prepare hook or workflow which will catch all emails with id's in email subject and then link them to propper task.

I've started something like this. In our company we're using specific format for all modules which have always 12 characters. For example 012-34567890. When i'm creating email related to task, i have subject for example: Installation of EspoCRM [#012-34567890]. And when some reply, system is looking for this id. If it'll find string in this specific format, it'll try to search for task and then it'll link email to task.

Comment

Working...
      X