Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User settings still availlable for users

Hi,
    how can I prevend a user from changing his settings on his own. The user has a businessemail, ... so he should not change these settings.
    In the role settings, I tried to deactivate the user rights and set it to none, but nothing happens. I also cleared the cache several times.

Any idea or has I missed a option in the admin?

THX

I use the last version.
    Last edited by Heiko; 07-16-2020, 07:34 AM.

Hi Heiko.
    Are you talking about User -> Preferences? Or just about the email address filed?
    If Email address field - you can set in the role the restriction to edit only this field in the Field Level section that is located on the bottom of the role.
    If Preferences - there is no such ability to restrict this area via UI. You need to change the system code.

Comment

• Heiko
      Heiko commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      thank you for the fast response.
      I struggle with the complete menu in the upper right corner, because the user sees to much. Why is it possible for a normal user to switch to an extrenal emailclient or change his email signature on his own? It is not necessary for a user to see and access the "about" and his "usersettings".

If I have to fix this really big problem in the code, in which file I have to do the changes?
      Thank you in advanced!

Here is a screenshot what I mean.

Comment

These are the standard scopes that users have access to. Perhaps under the user you mean your customer or a business partner. In this way you can create Portal and a portal user https://docs.espocrm.com/administration/portal/. The Portal user has much less permissions rather than the regular user.

Comment

I mean for example a office member in my business organistion and all changes for this member have to change by the admin.

Comment

You can try to create your custom view. Investigate please this file /client/src/views/user/detail.js.
          More developer documentation you can get here:

Last edited by Maximus; 07-16-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Heiko
            Heiko commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for your invested time !

Stay healthy and have a nice day.

I found this, if someone else need to do the same.

https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...navbar.js#L420

Comment

Working...
          X