Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status Field - Enum Type Problem

Hello All!

I hope you are doing well during the pandemic and keeping safe.

I have an issue with EspoCRM that I can't wrap my head around - under the status field of any entity, I can only select "enum" types... does anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? I'm assuming the status field is what populates the notifcation in the stream as I want it to show more data than just "User has created X - self assigned" hence my attempt to fix it.

Cheeers,

Hello,

This is by design, and I think it is correct, the status of the record must be from enum type.

You may need to enable "audit" option for some fields in the field manager, so that you will have notes on the stream for every change happened to the target fields of the target entity.

Status is only to have special note for status change.
    CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
    Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Why can you only use enum's though? For instance, if I want the stream to show the contact/account that I'm editting or updating, it doesn't show anything beyond "Marcus has created Contact" - it doens't provide any information on who the contact is, which company they're linked too or anything.

Comment

Go to administration > Entity Manager > Your Entity (Account for example) > fields > your field (contact for example) > audited (check this option ) > save

Now you enjoy having notes for the contacts changes

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 2.09.56 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	59790
        CEO & Founder of Eblasoft.
        Professional EspoCRM development & extensions.

Comment

Also it might be hidden under a > arrow after you enable Audit option and make any changes. You need to click that to expand those "edit" logs.

Do note that some field is not possible to record the changes in the stream, two that I remember on top of my head is the Street Name (address) and Description field.

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work. I added the audit check to the name of the customer, shipping address, country and various other information - rebuild the backend and gave it a go. It's still printing in the stream per the screenshot.

EDIT: Just to add, it doesn't matter what information I put under any section whether it's accounts, documents, contacts whatever - it always just says "Marcus Arthur created X, X" (contact, contact) or (account, account) - it never specifies the account or anything, just if its an account or... quote... or contact... Fairly annoying as it doesn't give any information whatsoever
            Last edited by Marcus; 06-26-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I was about to post a thread where another user have the same issue as you but it look like you previously had this issue as well, see thread: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/deve...ayed-in-stream

Look like something is wrong on your end. I just had a quick check with my "Enum" field in Task, where I set the Status field to be Audit.

It showing up on my stream when it change. Here is a screenshot.

I also reproduce this on the Demo. Also post a screenshot on my contact stream.

---

Looking at your first post again, it seem like you want to Entity Manager > (field name) > Edit > Status Fields

I think this is related to Kanban only? I don't really use Kanban so not quite sure.

Attached Files
              Last edited by espcrm; 06-26-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Hiya! I don't have any of that stuff posted. I did have this issue and it's still ongoing - as our CRM system grows with members of our team, it's becoming more and more of an issue.

Please see the attached photos - I created a company called "COMPANY NAME" and then created a Quote - everything is checked to be audited under quote and the only thing the stream displays on the mainpage dashlet is that its a quote. See picture to help explain!

Comment

Can't help you with Quote as I don't have the extension/package.

How I tend to work out is deducing the problem area.

I would suggest to stimulate or reproduce that on the Demo server: demo.espocrm.com/

If you version differ from demo then something is likely wrong on your end. Assuming it is on your end, next you will need to isolate if it an Entity issue or a Field issue.
                  Then slowly move upward or downward, downward meaning Server > Entity > Field > default field / custom field / field type / field value. And vice versa for upward.

If you have a test server that I can log into, I could give it a try. As long as it something that is fixable on the front end (GUI) I think I stand a chance.

Comment

Just to add, if I post on the stream of an account - it will actually post the details about it. See attached again.

So... in some cases it works fine...?

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
                      Just to add, if I post on the stream of an account - it will actually post the details about it. See attached again.

So... in some cases it works fine...?
                      Of course that should work lol. If it doesn't work then your server have a serious problem! What you are interested in is the "paper-trail", the update/audit logs.

Also can you check this place to see if any of your changes show up here?
                      /#ActionHistoryRecord/

or go to Administration > Action History

Comment

Marcus Hey Marcus, I think I might know why nothing showing lol. I think you might have filter the result.

Can you click the "..." top right and click "All"?

Comment

Under action history, it just shows them as "quotes" with no specifics like the other entities... Some work, some don't. I'd really like more information on the stream... like even for Accounts, which displays the actual account company name - I want it to post the country as well and it doesn't.

The entire stream is just various degrees of broken for me... especially the quotes entity.

It just does not display ANYTHING on the stream

Comment

I do have it set to all.

PS I'm talking about the main stream on the dashlet, not the individual entity streams.

Comment

I appear to have fixed it by adding a child-to-parent entity from quotes to accounts and now its printing just fine in the stream EXCEPT I can't seem to hide

"Marcus has linked X with Y" because once I remove the audit for that, then nothing prints. Is there a seperate audit option for turning off the notification about linking two entities together?

Comment

Working...
                              X