Tracking URLs bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracking URLs bug

Hello, I figured out that when we using "Tracking URLs" feature with URL, which have variable as parameter from CRM like client ID, the "Tracking URL" result return URL without variable values, only Variable itself. If link is set directly with the same variable, customer receive it with variables parameter.

As example: ....publicId={LicenseArchive.publicLicenseKey} instead of ...publicId=123

Hi,

Is it anywhere documented that placeholders can be used in tracking url? There's no such a feature I think.
    Last edited by yuri; 03-17-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      So how I can track a url opening if I can't generate a individual urls in emails by setting parameters from CRM?

You can overcome the limitation by appending your URL parameter in the email template.

Comment

• partomas
      partomas commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be I do it wrong, so please update how I must do it.

1. I create mail template with parameter in it As example: ....publicId={LicenseArchive.publicLicenseKey}.
      2. Then sent a mail from template to customer and in customers mail I see a link with ...publicId=123 parameter.
      3. I open "Tracking URLs" feature and in url I put the same URL from template wit publicId={LicenseArchive.publicLicenseKey} parameter. The goten "Tracking URLs" parameter I paste to mail template instead of current url.
      4. I send test mail from template to the same customer and in redirected URL I see "publicId={LicenseArchive.publicLicenseKey}" instead of "publicId=123"

There are I come to conclusion that "Tracking URLs" feature have a bug and not extract parameters values from CRM

yuri any ideas how to fix tracking URLs feature to transfer a parameter from CRM in redirected URL?

Comment

I think it's not possible with tracking urls. Only static url are supported.

Comment

You suggest that you customize this method: https://github.com/espocrm/espocrm/b...Email.php#L318

Comment

Working...
        X