No announcement yet.

Learning EspoCRM and Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if anyone is interested but I found this PHP package for Inventory Management with Bar Code scanning that could possible be integrated with EspoCRM. I don't need inventory management in our application but others might want to give it a try.

phpclasses.org ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf phpclasses.org alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

In my experience, Espo is far more than just a great CRM plarform, the front-end, back-end, metadata integration and the Administration module make it a perfect "application generator" for many possible applications.

Comment

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I decide to give it a try. Unfortunately got an error on installation of it. Could it be that I need Composer?

I understand, it just that unless it is integrated it just be double logging and entry. My thought is the same, hopefully I see a separated thread or a pull request allowing the two system to integrate.

But I want to test it first to see if capability, otherwise we might have another PDF Template weakness by investing everything in this Barcode system.

• blueprint
      blueprint commented
      Editing a comment
      My though was that if somebody was interested he/she could look into integrating the inventory management with barcode scanning ability with Espo.
      I'm on with barcode scanning at the moment. Its pretty straightforward as the scanners just insert text into an input field. I'm considering releasing our Inventory Management package as an free extension but I'd need to make it a bit more "user friendly" first

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      This always bugged me... how do we make two autoloaders coexist? If we edit the composer file then update hell is unleashed since the autoloader would be overwritten.

Originally posted by telecastg View Post
    In my experience, Espo is far more than just a great CRM plarform, the front-end, back-end, metadata integration and the Administration module make it a perfect "application generator" for many possible applications.
    Wholeheartedly agree, EspoCRM has been a fantastic tool for our business and is now a core part of our operations. We're nearly at a stage (thanks to the customisation capabilities) where EspoCRM is responsible for every aspect of the business - from initial quotes right through to dispatch of products and after-sale support.

If I could add anything it would be the desire to see more front-end and back-end developer examples and support - especially in the Developer Forum where there are a lot of genuine developer questions that just seem to get ignored.

Comment

• telecastg
      telecastg commented
      Editing a comment
      I completely agree, judging by the quality of the existing platform and the fast pace of improvement, the developers must be incredibly busy, understanding that this is a mostly free open source platform, it is incumbent upon those of us who benefit from Espo to make this forum a useful and valuable source of information to complement and enhance the existing documentation.

It's a shame that the developer forum has so many unanswered questions which would make you think that those asking never found an answer and simply abandoned Espo.

However, when you see some of the same participants, who have several unanswered queries, ask a bunch of new questions, it makes me think that they actually found a solution to their questions but just didn't take time to share the solution.

I would encourage everyone to always share when they find a solution to any questions, so this forum can properly be a FAQ knowledge database
      Last edited by telecastg; 01-24-2020, 06:57 AM.

• blueprint
      blueprint commented
      Editing a comment
      Fully understand about the developers just not having time to deal with all the development questions; EspoCRM is a large project and to keep improving and bug-fixing must take up a lot of time.

It did appear that there was a resource allocated to deal with developer questions (Tanya) but she seems to be long-gone now and not really replaced - which is exactly why we need people to post solutions to their questions should they have found them. I guess the issue with this is: how do we make the questions and their answers more accessible? How will people know where to find the answers? My thoughts were to create a more comprehensive developer area (like maybe a GitHub repo specifically for random customisation examples) but I'm not really sure how this would work.

I'll hold my hand up and admit that there are a few of my posts which I need to update with answers - as soon as I get a spare 30 minutes, I'll do just that.

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      We could actually improve the documentation wiki on github...

This Post talk about ID Scanner and Automated Data Entry/Upload.

One of the biggest thing that I always wanted to to save time on is Data Entry basic data. I see a few services that is able to do it automatically but to get into the system you need to sign up for demo, get license key, buy hardware, huge upfront cost, etc, etc.

Over the year sometime I would just start looking for an Android app, a desktop software or anything is make it easier. Trying hours of research and download, email, I still haven't found an all-in-time compliment to EspoCRM (or any type of CRM).

Today I decide to try again expecting another fruitless research but has found one that I considered interesting. This Android app is call MRZ Scanner, a free app (and also got a Pro version which I'm not sure what the difference is). MRZ scanner is a Passport scanner using the "barcode" print on the bottom of the passport. That how Airport terminal read passport quickly.

What is so special about this App? it got a "POST/GET" feature, personally I never delved into using Post/Get yet, but I (albeit only on the surface) know what it purpose is for.

Perhaps starting out I just learn how to Post/Get these information to my website. Then eventually find out how to send a API call to EspoCRM, then eventually Create Data from that API call, then finally Check for Update/Duplicate before Create Data.

Aside from that it also got other feature such as export to CSV, PDF, JSON and it also got History and ability to edit live, most of which is very lacking in other app (unless you paid for some license, log in their website and data is upload onto their website).

The weakness in this app is, it can only read MZR (Passport), it can do OCR such as Driver License, etc. For that I'm currently using another App call BlinkID. This one is really fast for what it does, it support many type of ID and documents (awesome). It also got a Github page which if you are technical enough you can use it as a library and don't need to rely on BlinkID themselves.

---

So do you use some sort of ID Scanner? Or is everything manual for you? Would you like this type of function (integrated within EspoCRM or as Extension)?

Comment

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      I found this but some of the reviews mention camera rotation glitches and lack of https support. I havn't tested since we don't use barcodes for now.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....free&hl=en_US

I'm pretty sure that with modern js apis a barcode reader could be made inside espo directly :P

Edit: indeed here it is one js library: https://serratus.github.io/quaggaJS/
      Last edited by tothewine; 01-30-2020, 10:09 PM.

• espcrm
      espcrm commented
      Editing a comment
      That look good too. I like how this one you can do it through localhost as well. Quickly reviewing the comments I see another issue that was mention:
      "Cons: does not allow https", which is not good but acceptable since our Wi-Fi is restrict to staff only but sometime we allow guest on it (we really should create a separate Guest WiFi). However, if people were to sniff the data while it being transfer from my barcode scanner (phone in this case) to our server (local or internet)...

But it not just Product that can be barcode, previously I used Microsoft Words to generate QR code (with vCard Capability & Protocol format), we stopped doing that because Mailmerge with Word was too much of a hassle.

In the future I am the ultimate goal is to plan to use Barcode for Documents and not just Product.
      An example of idea:

> Workflow > Prefill Task/Documents name / Assigned User / Department / Folder / Link Contact & Account / etc...

Using a barcode reader I would prefer not to, another Hardware that we won't take care of. Tools preferbly would just be a mobile phone for portability (possible a Tablet for bigger screen but function the same as a Phone).

---

Decide to read a bit further on quaggaJS and it look like it ported from Zxing (I guess he is famous for his barcode library?). Last change log is in 2017 though, which may mean that the project is either dead or there is nothing else to add: Barcode has reached it peak(?)
      Last edited by espcrm; 01-31-2020, 01:32 AM.

• tothewine
      tothewine commented
      Editing a comment
      it's probably feature-complete

This thread is about entity transfer between EspoCRM instances
    The main show stopper is how to keep all relations when importing manually with php

Comment

> However it seem like I can't just change the Fetch date?

Yes. There are some technical constraints in IMAP protocol, there's no reliable elegant way to do it. I recommend to deactivate an email account record and duplicate it. Then it will be possible to set a new date.

Comment

Barcodes will be available in 5.8.0 version.

Comment

Didn't want to clog up the EspoCRM 5.8.0 thread with my post so will use this to discuss more Learning EspoCRM.

Like many CRM, compatibility change and server requirement need more.

This post talk about Hosting

I'm currently on a quest to find a new host, been meaning to since last year but never gotten around to it as research tend to take quite long but wanting to invest in EspoCRM we want to make this change.

Currently the new v5.8.0 demand higher version of essential tools: PHP 7.2 (planning to be 7.4 soon in the future I assume with EspoCRM 6.0?). And MySQL 5.7, both of which version my hosting does not have unless it is Delicate or VPS.

This thread will talk about hosting alternative you can use and some information I manage to find out during my research.

Update to be in Edit and a work in progress post.

---

Finally completed my research and did not want to look for any more. Do you have any that you would recommend before we decide on choosing one?

Based on my note it look like I'm leaning toward (undecided). Full table below:

--

Some note: All $ is considered in USD as that what is usually display on their website. Most price will take as Mid-range Shared hosting, as low range is usually restricted. Price round up if it .95 or .99 (e.g $1.99 will be listed as $2). Price is taken as advertised (usually they show price when you sign up long term plan).

PHP version is list highest that we can use.
          Host: Fastcomet: https://my.fastcomet.com/order/ssdcloud/
          Version: PHP 7.3 and MySQL 5.7
          Demo: None. 45 days money back guarantee.
          Cost: $15 ($5 per month promo)
          Server Migration: Free
          Other: Winter sale at the moment (first month only discount) $4.95
          Host: https://www.webhostinghub.com/
          Version: PHP 7. and MySQL 5. (also have PostgreSQL)
          Demo: 90 days back guarantee
          Cost: $14
          Server Migration:
          Other: 1-year contract $10 during discount. Not going to bother asking since server migration cost.
          Host: https://www.dreamhost.com/?
          Version: PHP 7. and MySQL 5.
          Demo:
          Cost: $11 monthly
          Server Migration: $99 with shared hosting
          Other: $10 for Basic VPS? That sound OK. But their FAQ say that MySQL is shared server. Their chat was offline so didn’t find out more.
          Host: https://www.a2hosting.com/
          Version: PHP 7.4 and MySQL 5.6 only?
          Demo:
          Cost: $10 ($5 promo)
          Server Migration: Free Migration
          Other: Live Chat not available (need to be customer?). Only accept Contact form. It have CRM Hosting (EspoCRM is include along with many other). This look good. Server located in USA, Europe and Asia only. OK, you need to choose Technical Support rather than pre-sale. This will let you in for the Live Chat. But When I try Live chat I get this, “You are No.72 in the queue.” I think A2 Hosting will be too busy for me and look like they only got MySQL 5.6
          Host: https://www.siteground.com
          Version: PHP 7.4 and MySQL 5.6 (5.7 might be only for their Delicated hosting. Information update thanks to telecastg)
          Demo:
          Cost: $25 (promo $8)
          Server Migration: Only 1 free?
          Other: Very good with PHP Upgrade (from a Blog post I read of theirs). They got a cool chat system. But just notice their Web Space is very limited in size (20GB). Siteground is not considered by us at this stage. They don’t use CPanel and create their own version. Might be good and bad.
          Host: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/
          Version: PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7
          Demo:
          Cost: $16 (need Pro for Unlimited website)
          Server Migration: Free transfer
          Other: Their website look oddly familiar with one of the host above. I wonder if it the same company. Their Livechat is rather ugly. Talked to John Be. Quite a nice guy, go back to him if I choose InMotion- Email: johnbe (@) inmotionhosting (.) com
          Host: https://www.bluehost.com
          Version: PHP 7.0 and MySQL 5.6
          Demo:
          Cost: $22 (converted) ($9 promo)
          Server Migration: Too expensive. $224 (convert). Out of candidate.
          Other: I remember last year I considered them to be a candidate. They convert Currency to my country, well that a first. After I finish the chat I notice it look familiar, it look like my host HostGator, currently that their version support is the same I think BlueHost probably own by same Company.
          Host: hostgator
          Version: PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.6
          Demo:
          Cost:
          Server Migration:
          Other: Don’t bother with Hostgator. They don’t support it at this stage, I’m currently with them.
          Host: https://www.greengeeks.com/
          Version: PHP 7.3 and MySQL 5.6
          Demo:
          Cost: $15 (promo $6)
          Other: They support Green energy. That cool. They were the first I talked with but I didn’t note it down. Thank Meg D.!
          Host: https://glowhost.com
          Version: PHP 7.3 and MySQL 5.6 (MariaDB 5.7)
          Demo:
          Cost: $7
          Server Migration:
          Other: First one I see, “FFmpeg Support”. Does that mean other host can’t do Video conversation and the like?
          Host: https://cis.net
          Version: PHP 7.3 and MySQL 5.7 (8.0 is for Dedicated server only)
          Demo: 91 days money back
          Cost: $13 (promo $4)
          Other: They use third party. Hard to get an account. Might not be telling the truth reason. NOT RECOMMENDED
          Host: https://www.hostinger.com
          Version: PHP 7. and MySQL 5.
          Demo:
          Cost: $11
          Server Migration:
          Other: No Free SSL Certificate. Disappointing considering there is Let’s Encrypt.
          Host: https://www.exabytes.com
          Version: PHP 7.2 and MySQL 5.7
          Demo:
          Cost: $5
          Server Migration: Cost (Unknown)
          Other: No live chat so have to use their Ticket support system. Server Migration not is additional cost which clearly layout in their /servers/server-migration
          page. Probably not going to go with them for now.
          [/code]
          Last edited by espcrm; 01-24-2023, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• telecastg
            telecastg commented
            Editing a comment
            Siteground.com doesn't have MySql 5.7 and no timetable to improve, this was confirmed by a customer service representative. I am with them now but about to become a "former" customer

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, updated Siteground information.
            ---

Trying again with CIS, if it fail again, I would no longer recommend CIS as I won't have first hand experience.

• espcrm
            espcrm commented
            Editing a comment
            Added in Exabytes after suggested. I tried Fastcomet and have to cancelled it because I found out later (my fault) that the storage space was too little. They only have 15, 25, 35GB unless you go VPS or higher plan. But at least their server is fast.

This post talk about Relationship.

I still can't warp my head around the idea of Relationship linking, right now to play it safe (might be a very stupid thing for me to do) is to create "Many-to-Many" relationship. Just in case choosing a "One to Many" or "Many to One" prevent me from future problem.

This post explore more details about the relationship as I learn more about it. I was planning to draw a diagram with my interpretation but doing a quick search show very detail article already exist. Instead I link them here so that you can use it as reference.

<p>Over the summer we made it easy to walk Many-to-One relationships.  With a single dot you can walk across a relationship from one entity to another.  First(Orders).Customer.Name is all that…</p>

Learn how to handle many-to-many relationships in database design with an example of creating a database for a university about students and classes.

Comment

This post will talk about EspoCRM 5.8

Recently finally manage to upgrade to EspoCRM 5.8. Long and slow progress when it come to moving host.

There is quite a few feature in this update. This post will explore these setting as I learn how to use it.

Enhancements:
            • Barcode field
            • PDF Templates: Date format helper
            • PDF Templates: Checkbox tag
            • PDF Templates: Ability to define custom helpers
            • PDF Templates: imageTag helper
            • PDF Templates: totalPageNumber footer placeholder
            • Mass Email: VERP support
            • Tracking URLs: Ability to show message instead of redirecting to URL
            • Foreign field: Support 'Array', 'Multi-Enum', 'Checklist' field
            • Foreign field: Support 'Currency Converted' fields
            • Foreign field: Support one-to-one relationship
            • New notification number in title
            • Multiple dynamic handlers support
            • Person Name field: Middle name support
            • Settings: 'Person Name Format' parameter
            • Portal Users tab
            • Emails: Sending draft from list view
            • Link Manager: Children-to-Parent support
            • Formula: record\relationColumn & record\updateRelationColumn functions
            • Formula: string\pad function
            • Link Manager: One-to-One support
            • Currency Rates API
            • Opportunities: Primary contact
            • Iframe dashlet
            • Address field: Ability to view map in modal dialog
            • Administration: List of all email addresses stored in system
            • Administration: List of all phone numbers stored in system
            ----

Person Name field: Middle name support

To use it, you need to Admin > Settings > Person Format Name > "First Middle Last name".

After that there will be a "Middle Name" box display when you edit/create contact.

Comment

THIS IS AN TUTORIAL/GUIDE - Send Email Invitation

Today I'm learning how to use the "Send Invitation" feature in my Meeting entity.

First thing I wanted to change was the date formatting. The default date look weird and did not suit readability for my country. Thanks to the guide here: https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...-formatting.md
              and https://github.com/espocrm/documenta...ime-formatting
              I figure it out how to update it.

Second thing I find is extremely important is the Location of the meeting. I first create a new "Address" field and add the field to the Layout Manager.

Initially my location is not working! After trying a few method I figured out how (by shear luck).

Below is the code I use in my Template Manager: Please note don't use my Accept, Decline, Tenative link. Be sure to use your correct URL or keep your Meeting Template when you do copy/paste.

Code:
              [B]Subject:[/B] {{name}}

[B]Date & Time[/B]: {{#if isAllDay}}{{dateStartDate}}{{else}}{{dateFormat dateStart_RAW format='DD MMM YYYY - h:mmA'}}{{/if}}

[B]Location[/B]: {{{meetingLocationStreet}}} {{meetingLocationCity}} {{meetingLocationState}} {{meetingLocationPostalCode}}

{{#if isUser}} {{#if description}}

{{{description}}}

{{/if}} {{/if}}
              Click below to confirm your attendance.

[URL="https://demo.espocrm.com/%7B%7BacceptLink%7D%7D"]Accept[/URL], [URL="https://demo.espocrm.com//%7B%7BdeclineLink%7D%7D"]Decline[/URL], [URL="https://forum.espocrm.com/core/demo.espocrm.com//%7B%7BtentativeLink%7D%7D"]Tentative[/URL]

{{#if isUser}}

[URL="https://demo.espocrm.com//%7B%7BrecordUrl%7D%7D"]View record[/URL]

{{/if}}
              Nothing much has change aside from a few Bold text. Secondly more important is the formatting of the date (I need to format the isAllDay part in the future). Second bit is the Location section (I name my field Meeting Location).

If you use the PDF Template manager, these code will be provide: {{{meeting.meetingLocationStreet}}}
              If you use this code then it won't work, you need to remove the first "meeting" section. So it become {{{meetingLocationStreet}}}
              Secondly, notice how it is {{{ and }}}. This is only use for Street section (multiple lines). The City, State and Postal just need {{ }}

Lastly from what I notice is, the "Send Invitation" will only send to the main email of that contact (the star button). So adjust that contact email if necessary.

----
              https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...7740#post57740

See attachment for the meeting.ics. As you can see it manage to grab my email address, the Meeting name, the time and date, the description. However the Location is currently blank.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Email Invitation Meeting ICS Template.png Views:	1 Size:	4.5 KB ID:	57742
              Last edited by espcrm; 04-21-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                One other thing I noticed is, it create a "Meeting.ics" file in the email as an attachment which can be use for importing. Unfortunately I do not know how to add the "Location" into the Meeting.ics template.

Secondly it also display the "Description" field, so be careful you don't write private/dangerous information in that field because your contact can see it.

That mean the code below is meaningless! Or so I thought, however to download the meeting.ics you need to have an account/user to download the file.

"{{#if isUser}} {{#if description}}

{{{description}}}

{{/if}} {{/if}}
                Last edited by espcrm; 04-21-2020, 07:49 AM.

• espcrm
                espcrm commented
                Editing a comment
                I style it bit more here and will update this comments if I make any changes to it.

Subject: {{name}}

Date & Time: {{#if isAllDay}}{{dateStartDate}}{{else}}{{dateFormat dateStart_RAW format='DD MMM YYYY - h:mmA'}}{{/if}}

Location: {{{meetingLocationStreet}}}, {{meetingLocationCity}} {{meetingLocationState}} {{meetingLocationPostalCode}}
                {{#if isUser}} {{#if description}}

{{{description}}}
                {{/if}} {{/if}}
                Click button below to confirm your attendance:

[ Accept Meeting ] / [ Decline Meeting ] / [ Tentative Attendance]
                {{#if isUser}}

View record
                {{/if}}

This might be more of a rant rather than a guide. It about the amazing email system.

Slowly sorting out my email. It quite annoying it not sync via POP of read status, delete, trash folder etc. That might be a good thing or a bad thing, depend on the occasion.

The more interesting is how the email linking system work. I have yet to work it out but it could possibly be an email body content scan system via CRON.

We have ads posted on a various different website, contact would fill out their basic detail such as Name, email and phone and an enquiry.

This detail is then get send to our email as an enquiry. From these detail sent via email we create a Contact record for them and then start contacting them.

What I discover is amazingly, after I create the Contact (copy paste name, email and phone). View/Open the contact we just recently created, you can see the Email history has been linked to them. And I notice multiple email that I haven't view yet (they make multiple enquries on different website).

Obviously the "From" to "To" email field don't list their email yet EspoCRM (the From email is from the Website email not the Contact) manage to capture those data, that save a bit of time having to link the email to the Contact as a Parent.

Aside from the complain above (Read/Delete and Trash Status), I guess the next hopeful feature is to be able to "Right Click" these detail and it generate a Contact/Account for creating new record.

From the look of it, it seem that it use a "Reply-to" field? This field is hidden from EspoCRM and we can't see it on the interface but can see it in Entity Manager. But once you click "Reply" it will fill in the "Email To" section. I believe this is how EspoCRM is linking email to Contact/Account.

Comment

Second new discover is the "Auto Complete" and "Trim" feature. The Auto-Complete, it doesn't work with all field unfortunately. It work best with varchar field type. It call "Option" Man, I'm so stupid. Finally understood what the "Trim" option for. I thought it was to "hide long text" but it to remove extra space at the front and back, I used this command in Excel but didn't think about it in relation to EspoCRM See: https://docs.espocrm.com/user-guide/...ressions/#trim

The second feature is "Auto Complete", in your varchar field you may see a field (Entity Manager) call "Option", if you fill out this field with a list of frequently use text, when you click on the field during Creating or Editing it will pop up as a "Auto Complete" or "History". No need for tutorial for either of these two as it quite straight forward.

Comment

A new feature that manage to fast track its way into EspoCRM 5.9.2! I could not wait for it to be release so I decide to manually patched the update. Please read this to learn more on how to use the Print2PDF Maps.

Want to print the Map in my PDF, is it possible? I don't quite see it as a field and Document docs.espocrm.com/ make no mention of it either. (PS: Purposely used Maps and PrintPDF because forum can't search 3 letter words)

---

After that I delve into the PDF printing further. Here is my result from trial and error for those that interested in an in-sight to my "problem solving".

I'm trying to PDF multiple attachment field through PDF template but having no luck with it. Tried a various different code but still fail. Was about to post if anyone know if it possible and how to?

I have tried variation of these code, there even more code that I deleted or didn't keep it saved:

Test 1 - fail
                {{#each imagesNames}}
                {{imagesIds}}
                {{imagesNames}}
                {{/each}}

Test 2 - fail
                {{imageTag imagesIds width=50 height=50}}
                {{imageTag imagesNames width=50 height=50}}

Test 3 - working, can get name. This mean that these Multiple file attachment field is an array.
                {{#each imagesNames}}
                {{./this}}
                {{/each}}

Test 4 - working, can give ID.
                {{#each imageTag imagesIds}}
                {{./this}}
                {{/each}}

Test 5 - fail
                {{imageTag
                {{#each imagesIds}}
                {{./this}}
                {{/each}} }}

Test 6 - fail
                {{#each imageTag imagesIds}}
                {{./this}}
                {{/each}} }}

Test 7 - fail. So I thought but amazingly it worked!!!
                {{#each imagesIds}}
                {{imageTag ./this}}
                {{/each}} }}
                Last edited by espcrm; 05-26-2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• tothewine
                  tothewine commented
                  Editing a comment
                  the link is malformed :\

• espcrm
                  espcrm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  tothewine fixed. Thanks

Today I learn how to use the "ifThenElse" and "ifThen" formula code. Full insight is found here: https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...8865#post58865

Comment

How to use CRM. There are plenty of guide out there on how to use, but since I wrote down on how I used CRM system (partially written), I thought it might be useful for new comer that may have the same question.

https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...8948#post58948
                  Last edited by espcrm; 01-22-2021, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X