Incoming Email Issue and other scheduled jobs- Cron Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incoming Email Issue and other scheduled jobs- Cron Jobs

Hi, really hope someone can help me here, I've searched through the forum but have not yet been able to resolve this issue. I can only access through SSH. On a Linux shared host with Fasthosts running PHP 7.3 and Espo CRM version 5.5.6

I've successfully entered the Cron Job as requested in Scheduled Jobs - Note: Add this line to the crontab file to run Espo Scheduled Jobs:
    * * * * * cd /home/domains/vol4/076/2269076/user/htdocs; /usr/bin/php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

But nothing happens - email has tested as OK no email syncs. I can of course send emails. At a guess this is also effecting other jobs.

I would be grateful for any support or even better step by step guides as I am totally useless when it comes to CronJobs

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Ipbroad; 07-22-2019, 03:43 PM.

Maybe you can use a webcron service called easycron.com to trigger the script to run, it very easy to set up and easy to find issue.

Comment

Hello,
      Please check whether cron is not disabled in the Administration -> Settings. Check the EspoCRM error log file (espocrm/data/logs).

Comment

Hi, sorry for the delay replying to your help - The Cron Job to retrieve the emails is showing as active - but I dont think has ever run. Nothing is in the error logs. My guess is that the job although is on the server is setrup incorrect - as I said before I'm new to Cron and have no idea what I am doing. Hence if there is a simple step by step guide then that would be great (or atleast if I get the thing working)
        Thanks for the suggestion of easycron.com - not sure it will help as I am not convinced it is set up properly yet

Comment

You have said that you can send the emails. I assume that cron is working good. Despite of this you can't sync emails and fetch them from your email box to EspoCRM. Check whether your IMAP settings is configured correctly.

Comment

Hi, IMAP is correct - I've now managed to get a sensible answer from my hosts (last night and only taken 3 months) "You cannot run cron jobs on the shared hosting platform because the cron job needs to complete before the time out limit of 60 seconds." So looks like I need an alternative host if I'm wanting to receive emails to the system. Thanks everyone really appreciate the help

Comment

Working...
            X