Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Contact entity be cloned/copied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the Contact entity be cloned/copied?

Hi

I need to create a custom Person-type entity with all the functionality of the Contact entity. I’ve created a new Person type entity but can’t add all the relationships to it that Contact has. For instance, I can’t replicate the relationship to Email as there’s no Parent-to-Children option and I can’t create a relationship with Target List at all as it doesn’t appear in the drop down list.

Could you please advise if this is possible at all?

Thanks

Parent-Children relationships can not be specified within the Administration panel, in order to "clone" Contact as NewPerson, after you have created NewPerson through the Administration panel, you need to do a little development:

Compare the contents of Contact's metadata json files:

("Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/Contact.json" and "Espo/Modules/Crm/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/Contact.json")

to the custom NewPerson metadata json files:

("custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/clientDefs/NewPerson.json" and "custom/Espo/Custom/Resources/metadata/entityDefs/NewPerson.json")

add json elements to each as required to make files match, adapting all references to point to "NewPerson" instead of to "Contact"

rebuild the application
    Last edited by telecastg; 04-13-2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Fantastic, thanks telecastg, I'll give it a go.

Update: I did as you suggested and I now have a relationship with Email so thanks for that telecastg. Unfortunately, though, I still can't create a relationship with Target Lists - any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks
      Last edited by Jon; 04-17-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

This question has been asked before:
        https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...-list-creation
        but I was hoping someone could provide something a bit more specific please

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X