Upgrade Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Issues

As much as I love Espo for its features and being open source, as much I hate it for the problems we face with every installation of both upgrades and extensions.

I really don't remember any installation that worked straight away.

I've just now tried to upgrade Espo from 5.5.6 to 5.6.1 and end up seeing the attached screen. Besides, an Error 504 notification pops up for a second.

Yes, permissions have been checked and set again (according to https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio...-based-systems).
    Yes, all system requirements are in the green zone (according to #Admin/systemRequirements).
    No, there's no errors in the log.
    Yes, we tried to rebuild via cli.

The same happens when trying to install extensions.

Any help is much appreciated, since this is really frustrating.

> the problems we face with every installation of both upgrades and extensions. I really don't remember any installation that worked straight away.

We constantly upgrade multiple (really a lot of) espocrm instances on different servers w/o any problems. It's the matter of a proper server configuration I think.

There's definitely must be the error logged somewhere.

Try to upgrade via CLI. It's more preferable way than through UI.
    Last edited by yuri; 04-10-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hello.
      You have get an Error 504 that means Gateway Timeout error. This is the server side error, not Espo. To avoid it in the future you can find in the web how to increase timeout.
      If you want to upgrade your Espo right now, do it via CLI. For this go to your Espo folder and run the next command: php upgrade.php /path-to-the-Espo-upgrade-pack/EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.6-to-5.6.1.zip

Comment

Hi and thanks for your quick replies.

Just tried to upgrade via cli and get the following error in the logs:

Code:
        [2019-04-10 08:05:03] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception PDOException: "SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list'" at /home/site/wwwroot/application/E
        spo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php line 76 {"exception":"[object] (PDOException(code: 42S22): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list' at /home/site/wwwroot/a
        pplication/Espo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php:76)"} []
        And when trying to php rebuild.php via cli, I see the following error in the logs:
        Code:
        [2019-04-10 08:09:16] Espo.ERROR: API [POST]:/:controller/action/:action, Params:Array (     [controller] => Admin     [action] => runUpgrade ) , InputData: {"id":"5cada1ec3b73a517b"} - Error occur
        red while EspoCRM rebuild. [] []
        [2019-04-10 08:09:16] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Error occurred while EspoCRM rebuild., Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Admin/action/runUpgrade [] []
        Last edited by tobias; 04-10-2019, 08:10 AM.

Comment

It could be that timeout was triggered while actual upgrade process. I'd restore files in application/Espo directory (from the 5.5.6 version) and then try to run rebuild again and upgrade.

Comment

Hi again,

I restored the files in /application/Espo/ from version 5.5.6 and ran rebuild as suggested, which went well (i.e., no errors in the log).

Afterwards, I ran php upgrade.php EspoCRM-upgrade-5.5.6-to-5.6.1.zip in CLI, which again generated the following errors:

Code:
            [2019-04-10 09:16:02] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception PDOException: "SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list'" at /home/site/wwwroot/application/E
            spo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php line 73 {"exception":"[object] (PDOException(code: 42S22): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list' at /home/site/wwwroot/a
            pplication/Espo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php:73)"} []
            [2019-04-10 09:16:18] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception TypeError: "Argument 7 passed to Espo\Core\SelectManagers\Base::__construct() must be an instance of Espo\Core\Utils\FieldManagerUtil, instance
            of Espo\Core\InjectableFactory given, called in /home/site/wwwroot/application/Espo/Core/SelectManagerFactory.php on line 84" at /home/site/wwwroot/application/Espo/Core/SelectManagers/Base.php lin
            e 79 {"exception":"[object] (TypeError(code: 0): Argument 7 passed to Espo\\Core\\SelectManagers\\Base::__construct() must be an instance of Espo\\Core\\Utils\\FieldManagerUtil, instance of Espo\\C
            ore\\InjectableFactory given, called in /home/site/wwwroot/application/Espo/Core/SelectManagerFactory.php on line 84 at /home/site/wwwroot/application/Espo/Core/SelectManagers/Base.php:79)"} []
            After some time, the installation process in CLI still reads "Error: Error occurred while EspoCRM rebuild.".

What else could be wrong?

Comment

Do you have opcache enabled? If yes try to disable it and try again.

Comment

One more way.

1. Unzip the upgrade package.
                2. Copy files from files dir to your espocrm directory manually.
                3. Copy files from vendorFiles dir to /vendor directory.
                4..Change 'version' in data/config.php to 5.6.1.
                5. Remove vendor/phpoffice/phpexcel directory.
                6. Run php rebuild.php.
                7. Run query
                INSERT INTO `job` (id, service_name, method_name, execute_time) VALUES ('id0001', 'App', 'jobPopulateOptedOutPhoneNumbers', NOW())
                Last edited by yuri; 04-10-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Yes, we had opcache enabled. I disabled it (and restarted php-fpm), but with no effect.

When trying to upgrade agian, we get the following error:
                  Code:
                  [2019-04-10 10:15:03] Espo.ERROR: Uncaught Exception PDOException: "SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list'" at /home/site/wwwroot/application/E
                  spo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php line 76 {"exception":"[object] (PDOException(code: 42S22): SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'emailAddresses.name' in 'field list' at /home/site/wwwroot/a
                  pplication/Espo/ORM/DB/Mapper.php:76)"} []
                  From time to time, we also see this error:
                  Code:
                  [2019-04-10 10:14:42] Espo.ERROR: Database rebuild failure, details: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away. [] []
                  Also, we get a 403 when accessing #Quote.

Will try your other option right next and report back.

Comment

Have you removed files from application/Espo before restoring?

Comment

Hi again,

It seems that copying the files from the upgrade package and setting the version manually did the trick, thank you

I've also completely removed all extensions and successfully installed them again in the CLI:
                      Code:
                      d3fedb10bcaa:/home/site/wwwroot# php extension.php advanced-pack-2.1.0.zip
                      Start install process...
                      Installation is complete.
                      d3fedb10bcaa:/home/site/wwwroot# php extension.php sales-pack-1.0.0.zip
                      Start install process...
                      d3fedb10bcaa:/home/site/wwwroot# php extension.php google-integration-1.0.0.zip
                      Start install process...
                      d3fedb10bcaa:/home/site/wwwroot# php extension.php mail-chimp-integration-1.0.1.
                      zip
                      Start install process...
                      What's left now are the following errors in the log:
                      Code:
                      [2019-04-10 10:55:12] Espo.ERROR: API [GET]:/Activities, Params:Array ( ) , InputData:  - Service 'Activities' was not found. [] []
                      [2019-04-10 10:55:12] Espo.ERROR: Display Error: Service 'Activities' was not found., Code: 500 URL: /api/v1/Activities?from=2019-04-07%2022:00&to=2019-04-14%2022:00&scopeList=Meeting%2CCall%2CTask
                       [] []
                      Also, I'm getting a 404 when trying to show a report (by clicking the button with the pie chart on the top right corner of a report): /#Report/show/5ca37f75d93bfcee2

Any ideas regarding these remaining issues?

Comment

Weird, I never had a problem with updates.

Comment

< I'm getting a 404 when trying to show a report

Maybe something from the old version is still cached.

Comment

Try to remove /client/src and copy it from EspoCRM 5.6.2 full package.

Comment

Thanks again, tried that, now getting this error when opening the CRM: Error 404

The url you requested can't be handled.

Comment

Working...
                              X