Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Definition of exactly how "Lead Capture" works.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Definition of exactly how "Lead Capture" works.

Hi, I am using the “Lead Capture” feature of ESPO, to [not surprisingly] capture leads.

The issue that I am having is that some leads supply a phone number of “123456”. This can match an existing lead from somewhere else. When this happens, I lose all of the new data as the system assumes that it is the same person returning. It is not, it is just someone using the same dummy number. I have a feeling that this happens on other fields too (not just phone), but have already spent several hours trying to work out what is going on so thought I would ask.

So my questions:
    1. What fields is this match done on?
    2. What happens if the fields are empty? Will empty email address match with another empty email address?
    3. Can it be turned off, as I can manually merge leads later (not I am on the SaaS platform)?

Thanks.

Hello,

Only phone number and email address is used for duplicate matching. It can't be turned off for know. I think it will be implemented in future.

Comment

Thanks for the clarity.

Is there any way I can get a rough date for when this could be implemented? I have other plans that are dependant upon it.

Thanks.

Comment

Within a few weeks.

Comment

That is amazing, thanks.

Comment

Hi, can you let me know when the above is going to be released? I would really like to use this feature.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X