Name is different for List and detail view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name is different for List and detail view

Hi, when i put the field „name“ in the layout of the detail view, it is salutationName+firstName+lastName. In the list view it is only firstName+lastName. For I use the salutationName for academic or other titels, it would be better when in the list view also would be shown the name like it is shown in the detail view. How can I manage this? Regards Michael

Hi,
    You can try to add Salutation field to the list view in Administration > Layout manager > Contacts > List > drag and drop Salutation to the Enabled section > Save.

Comment

Hi, thank you. I meant that the "name" filed ist automatically generated. I don't want to use separate fields like firstName and lastName. But for detail view and list view this field is different. When I put the name field in layout manager in detail view, it is combined from salutaionName, FirstName and lastName. When I put the name field in list view, its only firstName and lastName.

Comment

Hi,
        you need to override Person Name field.
        If you need it for Contacts list view only, you can override Contact service and define name field in loadAdditionalFieldsForList (on the forum you can find the similar topics)

Comment

sorry, tanya, how can I override person-name field? In client\src\views\fields\perwon-name.js? And domI have to copy the new file in a custom folder? Do I have to change path directory to the custom folder? Regards, Michael

Comment

Not sure, that backend is enough, but you can try.
            Here is an example of address field customization https://forum.espocrm.com/forum/gene...d-to-addresses

Comment

Hi, I tried to change the code similar to the example of address field customization, but nothing changed in detail or list view. Here is the code (I tried to add fields "formalTitleName" and "middleName"). I changed the Types to .txt, on the server there are PersonName.json, person-Name.js, detail.tpl and edit.tpl. I put the files into the custom directories like in the example. Regards Michael
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X