Portal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portal

I can't seem to locate anything on this topic. So here's a question.

I'm looking for a way to automate that a contact, when created, is also given portal access with an auto generated password.
    The system would then send an email to the contact with login information.

Is this even possible or do I have to do this manually per contact?

You can create a portal user with the help of a workflow when creating a contact.
    Probably you can send an e-mail with a 2nd workflow when creating a portal user.

But at the moment there is no password variable to write a password in the e-mail.

Comment

• akafester
      akafester commented
      Editing a comment
      When done manually there is a checkbox to send an email to the portal user. If I can create an user via a workflow, surely that has to be a way to trigger that checkbox.

Hello,
    when you create a portal user, set also Send Email with Access Info to User field, and email with password will be sent to email address of this portal user

Comment

• akafester
      akafester commented
      Editing a comment
      On mobile so got the replies confused.
      Last edited by akafester; 01-03-2019, 12:05 AM. Reason: Wrong place.

Originally posted by tanya View Post
    Hello,
    when you create a portal user, set also Send Email with Access Info to User field, and email with password will be sent to email address of this portal user
    I am familiar with that checkbox. But how do I create a workflow that’s capable of this? At the moment I can’t even figure out how to trigger the creation of a portal user when a contact is created.

Comment

This workflow is an example. I didn't set Portal Role and other fields here. It is just the workable example

Comment

• akafester
        akafester commented
        Editing a comment
        This was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
        I have a new question now, so I'm off to make a new post .

Hi,
      I do not have a field "Emial" like on your screen.
      Why? It is a bug?
      Last edited by Enju; 05-14-2019, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X