Bad server response & Unable to update data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad server response & Unable to update data

Hi, I´m new to EspoCRM so please forgive my profound ignorance as I am just getting started. I downloaded the latest version of Espo and have uploaded it to my Shared Server (Hosted with Netfirms) and installed the CRM system. All looks good so far. I also managed to Import Customer data which I had extracted from Zoho earlier in the day....still so far so good...

After the Installation I could see an error message appear regularily on the top of the page reporting "Bad Server Response", I did a quick Google search and following from that checked the permissions on my files and folders and also the privelages of the Database user that I created for the Db... all looked good.

Not withstanding I then tried to update some customer information however once I make the amendments and click update the field values return to their original state. I have also tried to change the system currency from USD to Euro with the same results.

I have checked with Netfirms (my hosting company) that all the PHP Server elements required are active which they are (JSON etc.).

If anybody could help or suggest some possabilities I would be very gratful. I have attached a recent log.

Oh! worth mentioning I did find an obscure reference on another forum which suggested this may be caused if PATCH is not active on the server, which in my case it isn´t active as I am on a shared hosting and to have it activated I would need to migrate our domain to a dedicated server....I´m hoping this is not the issue.

Many thanks
    Dave
    Attached Files
    EspoCRM is Open Source CRM application. Increase profitability through customer loyalty!

Hello,
    if you can create, but can't update, it could be the reason. Do you have access to server error log file as well?
    According to log.... if you did any customization, please attach zipped custom folder

Comment

Hi Tanya,
      thank you for your reply. If it is a Patch issue do you know of a woraround that doesn´t require PATCH? Please find attached my server logs
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tanya, thank you for your reply. I have done no modifications. Attached is a server log. If Patch is the issue, is there a workaround ?
        Attached Files

Comment

error.log, not access.log
          If you rebuild crm, what is the result? So, do you have any customization?
          As I can see, now you can use PUT method instead of PATCH

Comment

Ooops! Sorry, please find attached an error log. The entries seems quite old, I had to delete the really old stuff otherwise it would not upload, the last entry seems to be 2017. I have cleared the log and rerun espocrm to see if any new entries appeared in the log, but nothing is written. I have done a rebuild and nothing changes. And I have no customisation, all I have done is imported some test data from a csv. Can you advise me or point me in a direction on how to use PUT instead of PATCH, it is worth trying perhaps.

Thank you,
            Dave
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SuperYachtRadio; 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Error in espocrm log. But as I can see, you have customization. If you want that I could help you, please attach an archive with custom folder. And also, what is you current version?

Comment

Hi Tanya,
                attached is the log file. Re customization, I have not customised the package, what is on the server is what was downloaded from the espocrm website. I could zip the folders for you but they are empty so little point. there is a htaccess file in final level folder (custom) but that is all. My current version is 5.4.4
                Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

In case it helps attached is an extract from the Browser Console while running Espo CRM
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X