Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a Lead from an Email when the email is not found in CRM Leads, Contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a Lead from an Email when the email is not found in CRM Leads, Contacts

Hi tanya yuri ,

I tried doing this using workflow

Target Entity: Email and On record created,

All matches
    email.status is archived
    parent is empty

Any matches
    email.To is sales@123.com
    email.To is sales@456.com

Action
    create record of entity type Lead

Please help

Hi,
    Hello. I need to create the following workflow: when an e-mail comes, that meets certain criteria (subject field contains certain words and has attachment), a

Comment

Hi tanya ,

Thanks for the update. However, it doesn't resolve my issue. When email is being imported it doesn't have a parent because the email address is not present in contact or lead. I have to create new lead and then associate it as a parent. How can I achieve that?

Comment

Doesn't it work? I didn't check.

If not, you can do it with bpm feature.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya View Post
          Doesn't it work? I didn't check.

If not, you can do it with bpm feature.
          The BPM is in the advanced pack, correct?

Would that allow for example to create 2 entities from one single email:
          - a contact or a custom entity called "candidate" of type "people", with retrieving the email address as you do above (and avoid creating it if it exists already)
          - a custom entity called "application" (for a job) and hopefully link it with another existing custom entity called "vacancy" and with the candidate/contact above?
          And retrieve the attachments to the email and attach them to the "application" entity?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes, bpm is a part of Advanced pack

You can create several entities from single email with workflow and also with bpm.
            The process you wrote is possible be handled with bpm only.

the only problem I see is checking if candidate with email exists.
            The topic owner asks about parent field. It could be account, contact or lead. And for him is enough to check if email has parent.
            Last edited by tanya; 06-28-2018, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the solution. That works!

Comment

Working...
              X