Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is EspoCRM GDPR conform?

Hi,
    we are currently evaluating EspoCRM for our company and wanted to know if it is conform to European Data Protection Law, which will be enforced starting from May this year. Especially I'm worried about Article 17 - Right to be forgotten since I could not found a way to permanently delete user from the database. Is it even possible? Or at least wipe all personal data leaving dummy database entry?

Thanks in advance,
    Maksym

Hi Maksym,

For now removed records are still stored with the attribute deleted = 1. You can remove them manually from database. We plan to implement an ability to delete such records permanently for the admin user.

Comment

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer! It makes things so much easier Do you have any tentative plan when you will be releasing this feature?

Comment

Hi,

Planned for 2018 Q2.

Comment

Hi, Soon https://www.eugdpr.org is coming. My question is could id do any harm if I removed Leads, Contacts from the mysql database which have the attribute deleted = 1?
          I mean it should not crash the system, or would it be better to update fields to something like 'deleted', instead of deleting the records?

Thank you in advance,
          Balazs

Comment

Beginning from version 5.2, EspoCRM conform GDPR (see below)
            • Data Privacy: Ability to view personal data;
            • Data Privacy: Ability to erase personal data;
            • Data Privacy: Parameter to mark new email addresses opted out by default;

Comment

Hi this is nice but I have like 10000+ already deleted Leads and Contacts. (they are just sitting in the database with deleted=1 flag) How could I avoid to erase them manually one by one?
              I found this: https://www.espocrm.com/documentatio.../data-privacy/
              but it seems its only possible to erase one by one...

Thank you in advance,
              Balazs
              Last edited by blaz; 08-06-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                you can mass update entities, but you can not use erase feature in mass actions.
                If you don't see needed field in mass update field list, you can add it in Layout Manager > Needed Entity > Mass Update

Comment

Hi Tanya,

Thank You for the answer. Do You plan such a feature to be able to mass erase personal data? Please let me know.

Thank You.

Regards,
                  Balazs

Comment

Working...
                  X